This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rekonq

I don't like rekonq at all because of it's starting mode with the old Russian star! How to do to start with an own HTML-links page (home page from the own harddisk)?

Same question for new tab's / new windows

If you don't like Rekonq then try qupzilla, a very good lightweight browser using webkit.

If you still want to use Rekonq but change home page to that of your choosing go in to settings / preferences and search for home page then enter the path to your own html page. Simples
    systemd is not for me. I am a retro Nintendo gamer. consoles I play on are, SNES; N64; GameCube and WII.
    Host: mx Kernel: 4.19.0-6-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.3.0 Desktop: Trinity R14.0.8 tk: Qt 3.5.0 info: kicker wm: Twin 3.0 base: Debian GNU/Linux 10

Comment

Hi Nick

Than you but your answer is not really helpfull...

a/ in Kubuntu, Qupzilla is DESESPARETLY toooooooooo old! The webkit version of Qupzilla is out the time! There is not new version 2.x in Ubuntu at all (actual is version 2.1). It is important for me as I need the spell check as you probably see (it seem also don't to work in rekonq !) as I never did learn English and else in the two other languages I am using, French and German, different words have an official different writing in both allthough they are the same words (littérature / Literatur)...

b/ if you don't know what is to do, it is better don't to write !

(I did try to do myself what you say without success... Perhaps is the translation of menu, I look at the German version now, I prefer German as KDE initially was a pure German software made at the University of Tubingen, so translation was initially needing from German to English and not the opposite, but after more than 20 years ago..., not so good but I did not arrive to do what I need! And after your answer will nobody more try to help me...)

Comment

Originally posted by calligrafan View Post
        .... And after your answer will nobody more try to help me...)
        After your response to Nick's attempt to help you it is more than likely no one will try to help you, not because of Nick, but because they don't want to be castigated for the effort like you did to him.

BTW, you're flogging a dead horse. Reconq development stopped THREE years ago and no one has picked it up. It is no longer the "default" browser in KDE.
        Last edited by GreyGeek; Feb 24, 2017, 07:42 PM.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Gravedigging - dead as dodo

I don't like rekonq at all because of it's starting mode with the old Russian star! How to do to start with an own HTML-links page (home page from the own harddisk)?

Same question for new tab's / new windows
          Rekonq status

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rekonq :
          As of January 2014 there has been no further development of rekonq, and there is no manpower or sponsorship to restart.[11]

( https://cgit.kde.org/rekonq.git/ )

Tools > Configure rekonq

General:
          When starting rekonq: Open the Home Page
          Home page URL: <path to your local page: file:///>

Tabs:
          New tab opens: Home page

git: https://cgit.kde.org/rekonq.git/

Last edited by Rog131; Feb 24, 2017, 12:45 PM.
          Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
          1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
          2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            After your response to Mick's attempt to help you it is more than likely no one will try to help you, not because of Nick, but because they don't want to be castigated for the effort like you did to him.

BTW, you're flogging a dead horse. Reconq development stopped THREE years ago and no one has picked it up. It is no longer the "default" browser in KDE.
            Yes, I know it:

but, pls

it it not serious to continue to promote a Kubuntu, a suite in which ALL the main app's are not KDE any more:

- office is also from German origin, I know (initially the commercial Star Office > free Star Office for only 2 or 3 version (5.0, 5.1.0, 5.1.1 ) >> Open Office (extremely shrunk Star Office: no browser any more, no desk any more, no data base any more, not own built in programming language any more, no sound suite any more, no, no, no, no, no...) >>> discord and both OO and LO instead of Koffice or Calligra and no consense on this matter...

- Konqueror was destroned by rekonq, rekonq is the last named «full stable» version of one own real KDE browser, and is now destroned by Mozilla, what a surprise and at Mozilla both Seamonkey, real and only xulrunner software as well as the Debian own derivates for FF and Seamonkey can only continue to be and to live if they accept to build in the full and pure Firefox, the beeing becoming main monopolist of the software world! Terrible really the monopolist Mozilla foundation...

- a lot of other KDE app's are today out of discussion: to old, not actual, not equivalent to the goodies of the (more commercial than free) big software «organizations» or, as they are welcome lovely named «foundations» without (PUBLISHED ) profits... This allthough KDE was completely a pure non profit line of software creation...

is Linux the next scandalous, because not declared profit making, M$ institution (android? but android is proprietary!!! was immediately proprietary...)

Comment

... It it not serious to continue to promote a kubuntu, a suite in which ALL the main app's are not KDE any more:

- office is also from German origin, I know (initially the commercial Star Office > free Star Office for only 2 or 3 version (5.0, 5.1.0, 5.1.1 ) >> Open Office (extremely shrunk Star Office: no browser any more, no desk any more, no data base any more, not own built in programming language any more, no sound suite any more, no, no, no, no, no...) >>> discord and both OO and LO instead of Koffice or Calligra and no consensus on this matter...
              I had installed Star Office 5.1 on my first Linux, RH 5.0, as a desktop. I still have the CD. I switched to Open Office and even purchased the proprietary version because it has the printer drivers in it, but it wasn't any better than the free version. For a long time I kept updating Open Office and copying the proprietary parts to it. When LibreOffice came out I switched to it. LibreOffice has a doc, spreadsheet, presentation manager, math, data and graphs components (but no browser). I tried Koffice and Calligra and they are not as well developed. KDE is a desktop environment suitable for all packages compatible with it. the user determines what is put on their desktop, not the developers.

- Konqueror was destroned by rekonq, rekonq is the last named «full stable» version of one own real KDE browser, and is now destroned by Mozilla, what a surprise and at Mozilla both Seamonkey, real and only xulrunner software as well as the Debian own derivates for FF and Seamonkey can only continue to be and to live if they accept to build in the full and pure Firefox, the beeing becoming main monopolist of the software world! Terrible really the monopolist Mozilla foundation...

- a lot of other KDE app's are today out of discussion: to old, not actual, not equivalent to the goodies of the (more commercial than free) big software «organizations» or, as they are welcome lovely named «foundations» without (PUBLISHED ) profits... This allthough KDE was completely a pure non profit line of software creation...

is Linux the next scandalous, because not declared profit making, M$ institution (android? but android is proprietary!!! was immediately proprietary...)
              Since there SO MANY browsers available it is not realistic to call Mozilla a monopolist. By definition a monopolist monopolizes a market and controls/prevents entry of other competitors into that market.. Mozilla is hardly in a position to do that. I use FireFox, Brave, used to use Chromium until Google decided they'd like to control what I read or wrote, but not IE.

I'm all for KDE, Mozilla or any other open source/GPL app making a profit to enable it to stay in business. In Sept of 1998 I swtiched to SuSE 5.3 because it featured KDE 1.0 Beta. I stayed with SuSE for five years, until Novell bought them out and then immediately joined the dark side. For six years I tried a variety of distro until I found Kubuntu 9.04 Alpha in January of 2009. I've used Kubuntu every since, except for a 3 month period a year ago when I gave Mint KDE a spin. Six months ago I switched to KDE Neon User Edition. Bar none, it is the best distro I have ever used in 19 years of using Linux.

EDIT: I forget to mention that during my five year use of SuSE I paid about $25 @ for 23 (IIRCC) releases, and was glad to do it. My receipts from WindRiver are still in the filing cabinet downstairs. IF Kubuntu or KDE Neon went subscription I'd have no qualms about paying them for each release. My ROI would be well beyond the investment itself.
              Last edited by GreyGeek; Feb 26, 2017, 03:00 PM.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I use Vivaldi here.

To add to what GreyGeek has to say: There's no possible way you can expect a program no longer updated to be up-to-date. It's completely illogical. You either have to move forward and use another browser, or stay in the past with an old distro and what it has to offer. It's like drive a classic car: If you want modern conveniences, get the new model. If you want the "classic" look, don't complain when you're left behind.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                  I use Vivaldi here.
                  You either have to move forward and use another browser, or stay in the past with an old distro and what it has to offer.
                  There is a third, albeit, much harder option: Learn how to code using the appropriate tools and take on the project oneself.

Just say'n.
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                  X