This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konsole Cursor Misplaced

On a fresh install for Yakkety, I found that the cursor location is about a tab stop to the right of the correct location for entering and deleting text.

I have purged konsole and konsole-kpart from my system and also deleted the file .local/share/konsole. Even after doing all this and installing konsole again, the problem remains. The graphic below illustrates what I am seeing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Konsole_Cursor.png
Views:	1
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	649153

I find that xterm works as it should. Does anyone have a clue how to fix the konsole misplaced cursor?

"Change the font used for Konsole."

I have tried changing the font by View > Enlarge Font and View > Shrink Font. I have also tried to change the font using Settings > Edit Current Profile > Advanced Default character encoding from Default to Other TSCII. That also made no difference. What is interesting is that when I changed back to Default, the Default character encoding still showed TSCII?

I had also changed from using the Nvidia driver to the Intel and that made no difference.

Comment

What are your settings on the "Tab" bar? Mine are %n : %d and (%u) (%H)
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

The tabs that I have from the Settings > Configure Konsole > Edit Profiles > Tabs is shown below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tabs.png
Views:	1
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	643407

I think it is similar to yours if I have the same menu as you.

Comment

Does changing the actual font to another one solve it?
          On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
            Does changing the actual font to another one solve it?
            Unfortunately it does not alter the cursor location. I changed the font to ISO-8859-1.

I should point out that I have two systems with Yakkety. One has the Konsole cursor working correctly while the other has it displaced. My first approach was to make sure that the settings were the same on both. When I did this, the problem remained. I find this problem very puzzling.

Comment

I meant to change to another font from the one already set.

Not change the encoding.

On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Yes, that fixed it. Looks like I was using the wrong menu. Thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
                X