This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yakkety Shortcomings

I returned last Friday from an overseas trip of 6 weeks. I am now on my Yakkety desktop receiving the stream of updates. When I returned there were 738 packages totaling 757MB. All went through smoothly.

Now for the shortcomings that I have found since returning. These are:
    1. Dolphin right mouse click does not respond with a brief click but requires holding down for about a 1/2s.
    2. Dolphin right panel for displaying file contents fails with video files, if the play option is selected, ie immediately exits.
    3. The hplip-gui fails to start.
    4. Gwenview plays image files but crashes on video files.
    5. Kontact fail to install
    6. A copy of text from Kate is not in the clipboard and therefore cannot be pasted. I have had to retype all of this because of this failing.
    7. Discover shows that there are updates but when launched, it says that the system is updated which it is not. On another occasion it just hung.
    8. Screensaver can only be stopped by cursor movement. Keyboard keys have no effect.
    9. Panel Options "Spanner" provides all the required options but it does not exit when the cursor is clicked outside the settings options, only the options exit icon closes it.

• When More Settings... is selected, these remain and can only be removed by the options exit icon.
    • If after closing the options and repeat the selecting the options spanner, the options are now on the opposite edge of the screen. For my desktop settings, I have no access to the exit icon, so I am forced to use the console to shutdown!

I will be interested to know if anyone else has encountered these shortcomings

Edit:
    • Latest updates fixed 8. So the screensaver responds to keyboard/mouse.
    Last edited by NoWorries; Oct 05, 2016, 07:29 PM.
Working...
X