Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it okay to stop these background services?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it okay to stop these background services?

In System Settings > Background services, I have KScreen 2 running. It's described as providing "Screen management". If I have just the one monitor and no intention of adding a second, do I need KScreen 2 running?
    Kubuntu 20.04

To be clear, are you saying that in System Settings > Background services you see an entry named KScreen and another named KScreen 2?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Sorry, there's just the one which is KScreen 2.
      Attached Files
      Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

mmm... My System-Settings does not have a "Background Services" option.

EDIT: Never mind! I found it by running
        kcmshell5 kcmkded
        _
        Last edited by GreyGeek; Mar 20, 2018, 09:12 PM.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yes, you can stop that service. In the past, it caused problems with certain nvidia cards and multiple monitors. I stopped and disabled it and solved my issue at the time. It's really a tool for laptop users who sometimes plug in second monitors.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
            Yes, you can stop that service. In the past, it caused problems with certain nvidia cards and multiple monitors. I stopped and disabled it and solved my issue at the time. It's really a tool for laptop users who sometimes plug in second monitors.
            Thank you!
            Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
            X