This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light program for cropping images?

I can crop images using Krita. But is there something lighter in the KDE/qt world? There's gthumb but that pulls in a lot of GNOME stuff.
    Kubuntu 20.04

Gwenview does this quite well. Unless you've changed your default picture viewer, clicking on a picture in Dolphin launches Gwenview. Choose Edit>Crop, slide the corner and side boxes to where you want the border to be, then click "Crop" below the picture, click "Save" or "Save as" is the upper right corner, done.

Please Read Me

Comment

I found kolourpaint4. That's quite lightweight. But it's qt4 and may get dropped sooner or later?

Since gwenview is the default, I'll use that. Thanks!
      Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
        Gwenview does this quite well. Unless you've changed your default picture viewer, clicking on a picture in Dolphin launches Gwenview. Choose Edit>Crop, slide the corner and side boxes to where you want the border to be, then click "Crop" below the picture, click "Save" or "Save as" is the upper right corner, done.
        I did not know that, thanks for the tip!
        If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Gwenview is certainly easier to use when it comes to cropping than Krita. Fewer steps.
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

You can save a few more clicks with Gwenview by editing the Toolbar (under "Settings" > "Configure Toolbars") and adding the Crop button to it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171113_113655.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	643657

Please Read Me

Comment

Even better
              Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                You can save a few more clicks with Gwenview by editing the Toolbar (under "Settings" > "Configure Toolbars") and adding the Crop button to it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7212[/ATTACH]
                I regularly use Gwenview to crop images, but I didn't know that trick. Thanks!
                Registered Linux User: #281828 | Kubuntu User: #22280

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS
                Dell Precision Workstation T5500 (Xeon @ 2.13GHz x 2 / 12 GB RAM)

Comment

Working...
                X