This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clayman1000x View Post
    Over and over I keep getting the same thing, I may have to reinstall to fix this
    I would if for no other reason than to choose Btrfs as the fs. (Swap drive not needed, use sda1 make it your whole HD). Then, problems like these can be cleared up in a few minutes.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

you could try using "dpkg" to remove it with the force option .

Code:
      sudo dpkg -r --force packagename
      it may/maynot fix the
      subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 127
      VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
        you could try using "dpkg" to remove it with the force option .

Code:
        sudo dpkg -r --force packagename
        it may/maynot fix the

VINNY
        Thanks but I tried that also. I have already reinstalled Kubuntu 16.04, just getting programs reinstalled now. I was trying to find a better audio work around than the default but pulseeffects did not give what I wanted. So I tried to uninstall it but messed up somewhere. I'm still getting used to the Linux way of installing and uninstalling programs, don't know when to use remove, autoremove, purge, all new to me. But thanks everyone for coming to my aid. First things first, Timeshift is getting installed and a copy made so I don't repeat this.
        Backup done, I won't be repeating this mistake again.
        Last edited by Clayman1000x; Oct 28, 2017, 10:51 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

So what is the best way to uninstall something I don't want? I have 2 audio icons in my task bar now, Kmix, the one I want and Plasma, what I was trying to change with pulseeffects. I would like the Plasma icon to go away but not sure of proper protocol for uninstalling as evidenced by my earlier screw up. Thanks

Comment

Right mouse on a blank area of the system tray and choose the settings option. Select “hide” for the icons you don’t want to see.

Or, if it is a widget, unlock widgets, search for the installed widget you want to remove and click the delete icon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X