Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolphin now has built-in checksum feature?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin now has built-in checksum feature?

I just found this by accident. Am I the only one who didn't know about this?

If you right-click on a file in Dolphin and select Properties there's now a "Checksum" tab! You can run a checksum manually or paste in the target checksum and it verifies the match for you

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170915_165909.png
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	649234

Please Read Me

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
    I just found this by accident. Am I the only one who didn't know about this?

If you right-click on a file in Dolphin and select Properties there's now a "Checksum" tab! You can run a checksum manually or paste in the target checksum and it verifies the match for you

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7165[/ATTACH]
    actually ,,,,I did notice this a little wile ago ,,,,,but forgot to look into it .

what version of Dolphin are you on ,,,,@hear it's Version 17.08.1
    KDE Frameworks 5.39.0

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Totally missed that, nice feature though!

Comment

It first appeared in Dolphin 4.0-1415 which appeared in Ubuntu 13.04, and I noticed it when I installed Kubuntu 14.04 but I rarely use it because I do most of my checksums using the CLI.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

It's actually a feature in kde's file KIO rather than dolphin, so it's there in every program that uses it...like gwenview and krusader, for example.

Comment

Odd, I'm running Kubuntu 14.04 and that feature does not appear here either in Dolphin or Krusader.

Is there some setting I need to tweak?
            Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
            Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

@Vinny - same version as you. I'm using KDEneon.

@Rod - Do you have kio-extras installed ? It might be in there - I can't find the info as to where it came from.

Please Read Me

Comment

@oshunluvr - I can't find a package called "kio-extras" in Muon. "apt-cache policy" doesn't bring up anything like that either.
                Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
                Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod J View Post
                  @oshunluvr - I can't find a package called "kio-extras" in Muon. "apt-cache policy" doesn't bring up anything like that either.
                  The package probably doesn't exist in KDE4 (kubuntu 14.04), I can't really remember whether the checksum tab was there (it might have been, but don't recall)...seems it was (re)introduced in kf5 about a year ago (https://cgit.kde.org/kio.git/commit/...ad880c3cc25421).

Comment

OK Rod, time to upgrade!

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                      OK Rod, time to upgrade!
                      Indeed!
                      May I recommend Neon User Edition with Btrfs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                      X