Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Window decoration adjustments? Changing button spacing

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Window decoration adjustments? Changing button spacing

    In KDE4 you could adjust the window decorations. I was in the habit of adding extra space between the maximize and close buttons to prevent inadvertently closing the window.

    I can't seem to find this in Plasma 5. I'm I missing it or is this functionality gone?

    Please Read Me

    #2
    I'm going to speculate "not gone", just "not conveniently available"; likely in an editable file component. Pretty sure if that is the case that Rog131 will have the answer!
    Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦
    Windows no longer obstruct my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes​

    Comment


      #3
      https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=348393
      On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

      Comment


        #4
        Thanks Acheron but that bug is from 2015. I guess I won't be seeing this fixed anytime soon.

        I'm gonna hang on until Rog has my solution!

        Please Read Me

        Comment


          #5
          You could either:

          (a) edit "TitleBar_ButtonSpacing = x" line in breeze.h in the breeze source, and compile a custom copy of the breeze decoration lib with the increased default spacing.

          (b) use an Aurorae decoration with sufficient spacing, or edit a theme to increase said spacing.

          Either is not too hard.

          I do (a) with some other parameters so I can have a bit of a slimmer default breeze deco without so much top and bottom titlebar padding.
          On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

          Comment

          Users Viewing This Topic

          Collapse

          There are 0 users viewing this topic.

          Working...
          X