Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Cinelerra?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What Cinelerra?

    There are many versions of Cinelerra out there - anyone to give advice as which to choose?

    #2
    It isn't available in the official Ubuntu repositories and the official application site (for downloads) at http://cinelerra.org/download indicates that the last 64-bit binary version of Ubunutu it was written for was 14.04.2.
    Slava Ukraini! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
    Windows no longer obstruct my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes​

    Comment


      #3
      Try this one if you want and alternate: http://www.openshotvideo.com

      or if you want to go pro-level: https://www.lwks.com

      Please Read Me

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
        Try this one if you want and alternate: http://www.openshotvideo.com

        or if you want to go pro-level: https://www.lwks.com
        I saw the OpenShot was in the repository at version 1.4, which is somewhat old, so I checked the link you gave and it offered an "AppImage" for Linux. I have no clue about how to handle that extension and a cursory look around the website didn't reveal anything, but I found this:
        Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) and above

        sudo add-apt-repository ppapenshot.developers/ppa
        sudo apt-get update
        sudo apt-get install openshot-qt
        I used that and the install of version 2.2 went very smoothly.
        Thanks for the link!
        PS- The "shocked" face is a colon followed by the letter "o".
        Last edited by Snowhog; Mar 07, 2017, 09:26 PM.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          PS- The "shocked" face is a colon followed by the letter "o".
          Click on Go Advanced and check the Disable smilies in text box (I did that for you).
          Slava Ukraini! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
          Windows no longer obstruct my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes​

          Comment


            #6
            Thanks!
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by nilsA View Post
              There are many versions of Cinelerra out there - anyone to give advice as which to choose?
              Forgive me if I sound a bit condescending but cinelerra wouldn't be my first choice for casual video editing; it's an extremely powerful tool with a steep learning curve but if you want to do professional video editing cinelerra is the thing to use.

              These days I just use openshot but the 64-bit binary listed for Ubuntu 14.04 is cinelerra 6, which is current and should work just fine.

              Good luck -
              we see things not as they are, but as we are.
              -- anais nin

              Comment


                #8
                Thank you all for the advice. I have managed to install Cinelerra, and also Lightsworks. Both these look reasonably like what I used several years ago (Edit DV and Adobe Premiere). I also have tried to use Ulead/Corel Video Studio, but never got acquainted with the more "intuitive" approach.

                However, the registration procedure for Lightworks does not work for me, so I am not able to log into Lightworks, so I cannot see in real life what it is like.

                Comment

                Users Viewing This Topic

                Collapse

                There are 0 users viewing this topic.

                Working...
                X