X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma 5.6.x - when?

Is a backports repo available yet?

No. It is being worked on though. No eta of course.

sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Now in backports ppa.

Code:
      sudo apt-add-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
      sudo apt update
      sudo apt dist-upgrade
      and reboot.
      Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

Yes and running nicely thanks to the team.

Comment

Note that there is one serious bug in plasma 5.6. If you run any opengl app/game, kwin disables compositing, and after you quit the app/game kwin enables compositing and you get broken window decorations.

Bug report https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=361154

Workaround in comment #67 https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=361154#c67
          Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

Whoo hoo - thanks chaps!

Comment

Originally posted by schnelle View Post
              Now in backports ppa.

Code:
              sudo apt-add-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
              sudo apt update
              sudo apt dist-upgrade
              and reboot.

A couple weeks ago I downloaded and installed a CPU Temp widget on the panel on my laptop. Today I installed 16.04 on my grandson's laptop and wanted to put the same temp widget on his panel, but the icons wouldn't display and the link to www.opendesktop.org/CONTENT/... was broken, so widgets cannot be downloaded. I checked my box and the link was broken on it as well. A google search found next to nothing is mentioned about the broken link in the bugzillas. So I decided to install Plasma 5.6. That fixed the problem.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

If any of you uses backports can you tell me please if you have any sound card listed in audio preference? I don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by gnomek View Post
                  If any of you uses backports can you tell me please if you have any sound card listed in audio preference? I don't have.
                  I have mine, but then again I never "lost" them to begin with.

Comment

Thank you for reply. I installed KDE Neon and here they are too. So, must be a bug in backports.

Comment

My sound device is still visible.

On another note, does anyone know when we'll get KDE Applications 16.04.1? Hope we get a quick turnaround

Comment

In 14.04, the upgrade to 14.04.1 was available about 3 months after. I believe I saw the same for 16.04.1 in an Ubuntu site. That's what I'm waiting on.
                        The next brick house on the left
                        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Is there any more news on this? IMHO I expect there to be a two week turnaround MAXIMUM and if the deadline is missed, an explanation as to why.

Latest/Kubuntu plasma - 5.7.2/5.6.5
                          Frameworks - 5.24.0/5.23.0
                          Applications - 16.04.3/15.12.3

This is getting beyond a joke now and I'm fed up of this.

Comment

Msg #2 -"No ETA though"
                            Msg #3 - tells how to use backports to get it

"fed up", eh? Did you ask for a refund? Oh, that's right, Kubuntu is free and is developed by mostly VOLUNTEERS who have lives, family, friends and jobs to support themselves because volunteers, by definition, aren't paid. Rather then moaning and bitching you can always volunteer your time, money or both. That will hasten the delivery time.
                            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                              Msg #2 -"No ETA though"
                              Msg #3 - tells how to use backports to get it

"fed up", eh? Did you ask for a refund? Oh, that's right, Kubuntu is free and is developed by mostly VOLUNTEERS who have lives, family, friends and jobs to support themselves because volunteers, by definition, aren't paid. Rather then moaning and bitching you can always volunteer your time, money or both. That will hasten the delivery time.
                              I'm already using the backports repo and sorry, I don't think I'm being unreasonable. Kubuntu has turned into the Samsung of Linux Distros where updates to KDE come few and far between while efforts are focused elsewhere.
                              If there really isn't anyone available to maintain the current release then maybe people should stop and start thinking about the future of this distro.

Comment

Working...
                              X