X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu 16.04 - schedule -the when and what

Hey everybody,

I am wondering if there is a timesheet for the rollout of kubuntu 16.04 xenial like the one for the main ubuntu flavour.
    I am running currently the whole household PC lot on ubuntu and kubuntu, my own laptop on which I am writing is kicking ass with kubuntu at this moment, so I was wondering if I can look forward to an update to the 16.04 LTS kubuntu on this machine.

Please advise here if there is already a public plan of some sort - maybe I missed it.

Thanks!

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XenialXerus/ReleaseSchedule
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks, Snowhog.
      It seems the deadline is actually the same for all flavours.

So just to put some of the info also here for quick reference:

March 24th Final Beta Freeze, Final Beta
      April 7th KernelFreeze
      April 14th FinalFreeze
      April 21st FinalRelease Ubuntu 16.04
      Last edited by Rufus; Mar 10, 2016, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Yes all on the same date, which makes it harder on the non-Unity developers, they likely have to drop certain projects just to be able to present a half stable desktop.

Comment

So I reckon we should take a while after the official "go" and update a bit later... I mean I do want the LTS, but if there may be shaky things, best wait until the air has cleared.
          I'll keep an eye on the forums

Comment

After my experience the present 16.04 is more stable than 15.10 has ever been...

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
              After my experience the present 16.04 is more stable than 15.10 has ever been...
              That's what I hear, however I agree with Rufus. I may install it initially, but I never move to the latest-and-greatest as my daily bootup until it's at least 2 months long-in-the-tooth. There's usually a LOT of small bug fixes in that first couple of months :/

Please Read Me

Comment

I have a question about the schedule, namely the final beta today; will all variations be taking part in the final beta, or will it be another scenario where variants can choose to take part? If the latter is true, will Kubuntu be releasing a final beta, or sticking to nightlies for now?

Comment

The schedule calls this (24 March) the final beta so expect them to only offer the usual (many) daily updates.

Comment

Working...
                  X