This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with final tweaks

1. In the taskbar, the application tabs seem sorta crushed together vertically. I'd like to make them taller.
    2. Inversely I'd like to also make the couple of icon shortcuts I have in the taskbar (show desktop and konsole) larger than they are. Not much larger, but at least a little bigger.
    3. On the taskbar I'd like the difference between regular and minimized windows to be far more than it is. Right now you can't tell what's minimized and what's not.

EDIT: WOOT!! I got almost everything solved except the above three.
    Last edited by megosdog; Mar 02, 2017, 11:05 PM.

Well, I partially solved the icon spacing and size problems. Found an option in the folder view settings for that. Still can't get the buttons to either dim properly when minimized or to grow a bit taller. I did though get the Krusader issue solved. I found the autostart folder and just plunked a shortcut in there.

EDIT: Okay, I don't know how I did it, but I fixed my icon color problems from #3.
    Last edited by megosdog; Mar 02, 2017, 06:48 PM.

Comment

WOOT!! I got almost everything solved except the above three. All the volume issues got solved by switching away from the KDE volume applet and restoring Kmix!

Comment

You mean like this?
        Attached Files

Please Read Me

Comment

Oh no, I see you meant when minimized.

@Here, the active or selected window is bright outlined, non-minimized are lightly outlined and minimized are not outlined. It must be in the theme.

Here's what mine looks like, Dolphin is not minimized, Vivaldi is selected or active, and System Settings is minimized.
          Attached Files

Please Read Me

Comment

You can start here if you want to fix it: https://techbase.kde.org/Development...5/ThemeDetails

Please Read Me

Comment

This looks like the relevant piece :
              /tasks.svg: task item backgrounds for tasks (KDE 4.1 and later). See the section on backgrounds above for information on the required elements in this file. The following element prefixes are required:
              • focus: background of focused task item
              • hover: background when the pointer hovers the task item. From KDE 4.2 focus and hover can have ticker borders that will be painted outside the task button, useful to make a glow effect.
              • attention: background when tasks item is trying to get attention
              • normal: background of normal, unfocused task item
              • minimized: background for minimized tasks
              • All the frames can be prefixed with "north-", "west-", "south-" or "east-" if the taskbar should have a different look at the 4 sides of the screen
              • The svg should contain elements of all five prefixes, if a prefix is missing that element will be not be drawn.
              • panel-north, panel-south, panel-west, panel-east : elements for the panel toolbox.

Please Read Me

Comment

Here's what my current Desktop theme, slim-glow has in it's tasks.svgz :Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170311_190302.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	643471

Seems like you could edit this with Inkscape and make it more dramatic or even different colors.

Please Read Me

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. I forgot to monitor this thread. As for editing that file to create a bit more definition, that's definitely possible. With the latest update it's given me a bit of a different look for active vs inactive (active has kinda like the stage light effect vs not active), but there's still no distinction between not-active and minimized. But your idea does present some possibilities.

Comment

Working...
                  X