This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please what motherboard to buy

for CPU I7 7700 Kaby lake with full support facilities? I trought Asus Prime Z270K or (P).

Building your own box, or repairing a broken one?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I really like my ASUS(H97-PLUS). ASUS on-line support is great, as are the ASUS DIY building vids that you'll find (free) around the Internet. ASUS "BIOS" update (and BIOS recovery) options are very nice and convenient.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
        I really like my ASUS(H97-PLUS). ASUS on-line support is great, as are the ASUS DIY building vids that you'll find (free) around the Internet. ASUS "BIOS" update (and BIOS recovery) options are very nice and convenient.
        Thanks for replay, but I need motherboard for 1151 socket. Asus Prime B250-PLUS or Asus Prime B250-PRO will be worked?

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          I find good motherboard with linux support for Kaby Lake (1151 socket).

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            Suffice low price motherboard. No need gaming and overclocking

Comment

Suffice low price motherboard. No need gaming and overclocking
              That is called a "mainstream" motherboard. ASUS and other makers usually offer such.
              An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I see what you are asking now, I didn't read all posts. I'm on the run and haven't studied ASUS offerings for a few years, but one needs to study this page of Intel ASUS boards:
                https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...form-Products/
                You would want, I think, a basic mainstream board, a standard ATX board, not mini, not micro, not gaming, not workstation, not thin client, etc. -- a basic mainstream board. There is also a comparison feature on that page.
                We have some recent builders here who may have kept up with newer technology. Maybe they can chime in. If I have time and can return here, I'll also try.

Comment

IF you are replacing a mobo in a computer you already have, the most important is that the form factor of the new mobo be exactly like the old, so that the mounting points line up and the mobo fits within the space available.
                  "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

OK Let me ask it this way - will support without problems:

STORAGE : Intel® Z270 Express Chipset with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology
                    LAN : Realtek® RTL8111H Gigabit LAN controller supports ASUS LANGuard
                    AUDIO : Realtek® ALC887 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC

Comment

Originally posted by Pepan View Post
                      OK Let me ask it this way - will support without problems:

STORAGE : Intel® Z270 Express Chipset with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology
                      LAN : Realtek® RTL8111H Gigabit LAN controller supports ASUS LANGuard
                      AUDIO : Realtek® ALC887 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC
                      Well, you picked a board that has two components that *may* be difficult to install. The ALC887 is one and the RTL811His another. The links are to instructions they *may* be helpful to you, depending on your skill level.

Comment

Thanks for usefull info! I need to work LAN the out of the box. Different information from your link and here https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxmaster...lan_still_bad/ What to believe? I want to buy Asus Prime Z270-P...

Comment

Originally posted by Pepan View Post
                          Thanks for usefull info! I need to work LAN the out of the box. Different information from your link and here https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxmaster...lan_still_bad/ What to believe? I want to buy Asus Prime Z270-P...

I suspect that you won't get an "out of the box" functionality with Realtek. You'll probably have to change some params settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I buy Asus Prime Z270-P worked perfectly out of the box! Lan and audio(Kubuntu 16.04). vga hd630 Kaby Lake also.

Comment

Working...
                            X