X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Focusrite Solo and Teamspeak

Hey guys,

I got a focusrite solo as my main soundcard which works fine in Kubuntu as far as output goes. I also got my guitar to work through jack and guitarix so everything is fine there.

Now I got a better mic though and would like to use the solo's mic input in Teamspeak. I don't seem to be able to get it to run though. As far as I can tell I don't get any input from the mic. I've tried changing the settings in the multimedia settings from analogue stereo output + digital stereo input to digital stereo output + analogue stereo input but that doesn't seem to change anything. I'm rather new to linux and am completely uncertain on how to continue.

Thanks in advance.

m0rbid

Does
    sudo alsamixer
    give you access to your mic's volume controls?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

No, when selecting the Scarlett Solo it says "This sound device does not have any controls."

Comment

Someone with the same problem, and AlsaMixer results, solved it by:

"Solved by just using Jack in d-bus mode. Don't know why I didn't do that in the first place."

If you install jackd you'll also get qjackctl, the GUI interface.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ho...KConfiguration
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

To my understanding jack suppresses all other audio not being patched through itself though, right? I still want and need the audio generated by other programs to go through to my speakers or headphones. Also the thread you linked deals with delays in sound output, I have the problem of not getting any sound input. Though I have tried Teamspeak again and while it doesn't react to me speaking into the mic if I turn up the input volume hardware side on my Solo it registers a spike, so there seems to be something that arrives at the program.

Comment

I followed the problem to the two inputs the Scarlett Solo has. Using "arecord -l" I get this entry for the Scarlett:
            Code:
            card 1: USB [Scarlett Solo USB], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
             Subdevices: 1/1
             Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
            To my understanding there should be two subdevices, right? One for the microphone and one for the guitar plug. When I change the settings to digital stereo output + analogue stereo input it says subdevices: 0/1. Any idea how I can get the second input to work?

Comment

I've never seen a Scarlet Solo, much less use one. I only know what I read on the Internet and apply general principles. I've never used Jack, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X