This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth Speaker

I have several Bluetooth speakers which all work with both Android and Windows 10 but not with Kubuntu. Is this an inherent dropoff or is it fixable?

Not enough info. Is the Kubuntu Bluetooth service started? Was there any failure msgs when pairing was attempted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Hi
      Depending on your particular version of Kubu Bluetooth audio can be fiddly or just fail,

However, as the Grey Meister alluded the folks here THRIVE on information!.... I need INFORMATION!! as intoned by....Number 2!

However, I am pleased to report that the absolute latest and greatest Kubu LTS does indeed work simply and quickly with my "Jam Classic" bluetooth speaker.

Fundamentally, to wit, and forthwith and forsooth....

A) Plug the Bluetooth device into a power source and turn it on.
      B) Go to system settings and Bluetooth and in Devices you probably will not see a device, click the button to search for devices and if the device appears it appears, It was very iffy in my Wiley install.
      C) if it does appear then go to Multimedia and in the audio and video button you should see the device named in the device preferences, possibly at the bottom of a list, click it and click apply.
      D) Go to Audio Hardware and you "may" have to click the drop down to find the device, in any manner, select it and click apply.
      E) you can test it from there and you should hear the normal "melifulous sound" for testing audio devices.

If any of the above do not work then we REALLY need ALL of your info and more experienced people should be able to help you.

But again, if you are running something back like Wiley, it may just not work right at all because ...well....Linux/Ubuntu/Kubuntu has moved on.

So, try the above and holler back as to yea or nay!

woodhopesithelpssmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

In case you read the previous I forgot to mention that in the playback devices if you have ANY other playback devices such as wired regular speakers or HDMI you cannot "just" click the speaker button, to turn them off you have to go to the drop down menu and go TO THE BOTTOM and click "off" to get a music player, such as Amarok to send the sound to the Bluetooth device, it will happen INSTANTLY upon turning the other physical devices off if the Bluetooh is ticked on.

It woud REALLY help "Linux" in general if ALL of the music apps would not set a certain thing as default in terms of "new to the player or linux" because the thing is buried in their settings.

anyway, hope that this helps.

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Thanks for the info Woodsmoke!
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Well, you are quite welcome, oh Grey Wise One!

woody
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
              Not enough info. Is the Kubuntu Bluetooth service started? Was there any failure msgs when pairing was attempted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              They all pair successfully but no sound. Not sure what else I can tell you!
              Last edited by tomp01; Oct 07, 2016, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Bluetooth Speaker (solved)

Originally posted by tomp01 View Post
                They all pair successfully but no sound. Not sure what else I can tell you!
                I have managed to get my Bose Chinese clone to work, don't know why other than I did some updates today!
                Last edited by tomp01; Oct 08, 2016, 01:50 AM.

Comment

in the multimedia audio video tab set the device you want higher in the list for the catagory you prefer it..

example you want music to come out of the bt speaker when connected.
                  under the music tab move your device (bluetooth speaker) the top of the list hit apply.

now when connected the device should be perfered when playing catagory of sound..

you canuse the mixer also to move streams on the fly in kde 5.6 + (maybe 5.7 ) click on the sound icon and under application tab click and hold the application and drag it to the device tab and drop it on a device to move the sound steam there.

edit: also after pairing sometimes i will have to press connect in the bt applet other times when i turn my speaker on it will just auto connect.
                  Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                  (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
                  X