X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver Manager Still Empty Second Installatio

Greetings,

Second time installed the very last and my first Kubuntu 64bit system on an USB drive (a standard installation option, whole space from other USB live drive) with the same issue.
    The Driver Manager is empty busy searching for something....

Should it be any conflict with the main machine - Dell M1530 XPS with Intel processor or anything else?
    I had no problem at all while trying Mint Cinamon 18 64biton the same machine I could easily instal wireless driver, get wifi connection and install Nvidia driver.

Thank you very much in advance.

PS
    I am nearly at a point to abandon this release despite of my sincere adoration of the Plasma project.

There is a temporary workaround that works for most people in this thread

---> "Driver management software" in System Settings can't see any hardware

and a more permanent fix on the way hopefully.

Post #5
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Thank you very much.
      It is really very bizarre I think. The very new release with such a bug?
      I will give a try, hope it works.

Comment

The bug is here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...t/+bug/1530523

Fix released for Yakkety, but needs a SRU for Xenial presumably.
        On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Thank you for your input. It seems that the bug has not been resolved for a quite significant time period.
          I will give it up then. Would you mind recommending any other stable splendid KDE distortions, please?

Comment

Unless you are insistant on using Kubuntu 16.04 LTS, try Kubuntu 14.04 LTS. But do remember; 16.04 LTS was just released 'as final' on April 21, 2016. Updates to it are often and frequent, and many of the 'bugs' will be fixed rather quickly; this is normal.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X