This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several issues after fresh install

HI. made a new install to Kubuntu 16.04 and face a bunch of bugs. Laptop is the Asus ux305ca. had 15.10 before. use the same kernel as then. the 4.5 kernel.

1. First of all the boot takes forever. Loading is finished, but takes 30 seconds to get into the desktop.
    2. one Screen Flickering is gone with the workaround from this thread in the forum.have intel gpu
    3. if the laptop is not connected to a power source, that means only power comes from the battery, the headphone jack or audio output makes terrible crunch noises
    4. and the screen is flickering again but more blackish

same bug with 15.10

1. sometimes i have to reconnect to the wifi to get internet again. (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7265)
    Last edited by Snowhog; Apr 25, 2016, 11:32 AM.

I have all Intel laptop (cpu gpu wirless) and everything works fine.

Install intel-microcode package to get latest microcode firmware for intel cpus and reboot. Maybe it will help.

And try using default 4.4 kernel. Maybe it will work better than 4.5.
    Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

Hi and thx for the reply.

Intel-microcode package is allready installed and i have the same problems with the default kernel 4.4. so basically nothing changes

Comment

i think i found the issue of the black flickering and crunch noises. I had the laptop power saving TLP installed. Thought maybe it has something to do with it. Deleted it and now everything seems to be fine so far.

The only issues that remain now, is the extremly long boot sequence (which by the way if you press ctrl+alt+esc and click it to cancel it, its way faster) and the wifi drops.

Comment

Working...
        X