This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
    where did you get that from ,,,,,,,,@hear I still only see 361 ?

VINNY
    Hi Vinny,

In my Software Sources list I have http://ppa.launchpad.net/graphics-drivers/ppa/ubuntu which has the NVIDIA-364 driver. I will be interested to know how well it works for you.

NoWorries

Comment

Originally posted by NoWorries View Post
      Hi Vinny,

In my Software Sources list I have http://ppa.launchpad.net/graphics-drivers/ppa/ubuntu which has the NVIDIA-364 driver. I will be interested to know how well it works for you.

NoWorries
      I'll get back to ya on that ,,,,I just added neon to my 16.04 and want to play with it for a day or 3 before I add this as well

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I'll get back to ya on that ,,,,I just added neon to my 16.04 and want to play with it for a day or 3 before I add this as well

VINNY
        I am not sure if you have been successful in adding the graphics-drivers URL into Synaptic. I have just tired it on a system that doesn't have an NVIDIA card and with using Synaptic's URL for adding sources, it required a key. I did this by using the following command line
        Code:
        sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys FCAE110B1118213C
        Hope it all works for you an I will be interested to know what happens when the external monitor is put on the left.

Comment

Originally posted by NoWorries View Post
          I am not sure if you have been successful in adding the graphics-drivers URL into Synaptic. I have just tired it on a system that doesn't have an NVIDIA card and with using Synaptic's URL for adding sources, it required a key. I did this by using the following command line
          Code:
          sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys FCAE110B1118213C
          Hope it all works for you an I will be interested to know what happens when the external monitor is put on the left.
          I am hesitant to add a PPA just for 1 ver higher a driver ,,,,,,,,,, how do you fair with the drivers from their ?

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I am hesitant to add a PPA just for 1 ver higher a driver ,,,,,,,,,, how do you fair with the drivers from their ?

VINNY
            The main difference was with the external display on the left. The primary monitor didn't move with the cursor like the external display. Otherwise there was no difference.

If you decide to try the next version, you can always uncheck the repository if you are not happy with it, and then purge nvidia*. After clearing out all the related packages you can then install the old version.

I have finally filed a bug report on this issue and it is at https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=361918. I referred to the discussions on this page as evidence.

Comment

Working...
            X