This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okular hangs when trying to print

It's done this since 15.04, but i'd moved to chrome for printing. Now chrome's not sending the file to printer correctly. I tried running from console to see any messages and get nothing. At file -> print on any pdf okular hangs with no explanation.

I can print from Okular and Chromium here. Might be a printer issue. Any logs?

Please Read Me

Comment

No logs no messages, also it's multiple printers, i don't even get the print setup dialog to select a printer. Running backports-ppa to see if it changed anything, no luck.

Comment

So my other laptop prints, i look and one difference is Boomaga was installed on that laptop... out of a wild guess i installed boomaga, which also installed libpoppler-cpp0 and libsnappy1v5, now okular can print. I'm betting its a library, but not sure which of the two.

Comment

Good job finding that one! For what it's worth, I have libpoppler (it's a PDF library) on my system but not libsnappy, so seems like it's libpoppler missing that was the issue. Glad you got it fixed.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
          X