This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
    ... you may need to install whichever qt version you may be missing or need to use, and possibly any -dev packages Kubuntu has 5.4.2, as well as some small bits of qt 4.8 for compatibility with software that still needs support for it ...
    i'm okay with Qt 5.4.2 and i don't need Qt 5.5 or Qt 4. the problem is that Qt Creator thinks Qt is not properly installed.

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
    How did you install qtcreator? if you didn't use the built in repos you should.
    i installed the qtcreator package with Muon Package Manager from the Ubuntu repositories.

You need to install the build-essential package to build anything. This package will get you GCC and other things needed to build.
    i've already installed gcc, g++, make and cmake.

Then you also the source packages for qt , you can do this a two ways. You can install the -dev packages for qt4 and/or qt5.
    correct me if i'm wrong, but as far as Qt is concerned, i need to install packages like libqt5core5a, libqt5widgets5, libqt5gui5, and there are no "-dev" packages for them. i've got them installed.

In qtcreator you can use multi versions of qt and have multi build targets.
    all i need is a "properly installed" Qt 5.4.2.

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
    Last time I looked at running a Qt version different from the one Kubuntu was using, there were environment variables that Qt used to keep things separate ...
    i don't want a different version.

Originally posted by blobfish View Post
    maybe....
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install qt5-default
    okay, i did that. please see the result on the attachment. is it a progress? by the way, qmlscene is installed.
    Attached Files
    community is what will save us

Comment

Qt creator on my mostly stock Kubuntu 15.10 detects 5.4.2 correctly. Make sure you have installed cmake, this is what the program is looking for in determining qt version.

I know I have cmake installed, but can't remember if it gets pulled in when installing build-essential or not.

I know your screenshot image seems to indicate that it has found cmake, but the program sure is uninformative as to what is missing in your setup.

Sent from my LG G4
      Last edited by claydoh; Nov 08, 2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

from a clean machine i install build-essentials then qtcreator and i can build qtprojects.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          ... Make sure you have installed cmake, this is what the program is looking for in determining qt version.
          yes, i have.

Comment

well, at least the red error icon have changed to the yellow warning one and i can build projects now. let's assume the problem has been solved.

Comment

Solved?

How can this topic be marked solved?
              Not to have Qt properly set on Qt based OS just blows my mind.
              Why cant we have complete IDE (apart from huge documentation)? Where is Designer? Where is Assistant? Why separate packages like qt5-qmake?

Maybe You will understand problem better with this info:
              - about Qt Creator: Qt Creator 3.5.0 based on Qt 5.4.2 (means no newer version is needed)
              - $qmake -v
              qmake: could not exec '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/qmake': No such file or directory
              (of course there is not, I have Qt 5 not 4, file exists in qt5/bin. Manually adding path in Creator settings results in error message)

I am not going to tweak anything nor install qt5-default package because I am not x11, wayland or qtbase5 developer and all dependencies for Qt Creator should have been satisfied in apt. I honestly see no other solution than to switch to Manjaro, everything works there.

Comment

Working...
              X