Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolphin not asking for samba username or password...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin not asking for samba username or password...

I have two Windows 7 Pro laptops connected to my home network. I also have a server and a router that both run samba server. The server and router are restricted to the local network only so both allow access without username and password but the router has folder access rights with usernames and passwords.

From my 15.04 desktop using Dolphin:
    I can access the server no problem.
    I can access the router drive no problem.
    When selecting a folder on the router drive, I get prompted for username and password and they are accepted.

Both Windows laptops can access the server and the router just as above.
    Both laptops can access each other.

I cannot access either laptop from my Desktop. I am not prompted for a username or password. I have tried smb://username: password@hostname/ for both laptops without results, the connection just times out.

Can anyone point me at what I'm missing?

edit: space added in smb line to prevent smilie.

Please Read Me

I waited for someone to respond, but your post is slowly slipping off the front page. I'm not sure how much help I can be except to note that I don't have this issue. I can access my Windows Vista Home Premium laptop and Winodws 7 Home Premium desktop from Kubuntu 15.04. Dolphin is asking for user password, and I am able to access the shares.

My setup is simple:
    A server that runs a samba server (static IP)
    A Kubuntu Desktop that runs a samba server (static IP)
    A Kubuntu Desktop (static IP)
    Windows desktop
    Windows laptop
    Kubuntu 15.04 running in VirtualBox (bridged adapter)

User names and passwords are required for all shares. There are no shares from the router.

Kubuntu 15.04 is more or less a fresh install with only a few additional programs installed. It does not run a samba server, and I have not touched the smb.conf.

Maybe comparing what works to what isn't working might lead to the resolution or someone with more knowledge and a good place to start will chime in.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it seems weird. I'm starting to wonder if the Windows machines need a configuration change or something. I'll have to work on it later this week. For the time being, I just use my server as the go-between.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X