This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the help, guys!

SteveRiley - I checked: kwalletd and kwalletd5 are running. kwalletmanager still hangs with launched.

So, I followed claydoh's tip. I checked kinfocenter and confirmed that I'm running KDE Plasma 5.3.1. (kcmshell5 kwalletconfig reports being unable to find module "kwalletconfig".)

kcmshell5 kwalletconfig does launch the KDE wallet configuration tool.

kcmshell5 kwalletconfig does. I find that "Enable KDE wallet subsystem" is unchecked.

The KDE wallet service window continues to pop up.

More thoughts?

Comment

kwalletconfig is not a valid module for kcmshell5. You can see list of valid modules thusly:
      Code:
      kcmshell5 --list
      Where are are wallet daemons for both KDE 4 and Plasma 5, and while KDE 4 and Plasma 5 applications can use the wallet, the wallet manager utility is a KDE 4 application. So think you meant to write above that kcmshell4 kwalletconfig works.

Have you tried setting a blank password on the wallet? In my experience, this makes all popups go away.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post

Where are are wallet daemons for both KDE 4 and Plasma 5, and while KDE 4 and Plasma 5 applications can use the wallet, the wallet manager utility is a KDE 4 application. So think you meant to write above that kcmshell4 kwalletconfig works.

Have you tried setting a blank password on the wallet? In my experience, this makes all popups go away.
        So I modified the Kwallet entry for using kcmshell4 kwalletconfig and it does open the config gui. but didn't see a possibility to change the password. I just found a tick to desactivate the Wallet.....and hope it will do.

Edit : but it didn't

Comment

Hi,
          I'm having the exact same issues here. Desactivating the wallet does not do anything, and I can't modify the password to set it blank.
          This kwallet thing is really, really annoying, kind of a dealbreaker for me. I hope this gets solved soon.

Comment

And so did I
            I'm sure that I "deleted=just change name" ~/kde/share/apps/kwallet and ~/local/share/kwalletd

kwalletd was immediately recreated, but notwithstanding I got the result: no more police check at startup, and wifi activates, thunderbird connects.....

Ah: when i restarted after the deletion kwallet claimed to enter a new password. I just validated on the empty fields.
            Last edited by robert leleu; Sep 15, 2015, 09:05 AM. Reason: add a relevant detail.

Comment

Gossey, you likely don't want this solution, but...

I've left Kubuntu. I've installed Lubuntu on my several boxes. It...just...works. I LIVE in my application programs, not the bloody OS. Suddenly I'm asking myself: why did I EVER need all that bump and grind crap anyway? I never really did quite know what Plasma was, much less why I "needed" it. It turns out I don't. Lubuntu is fast, reliable, and stays out of the way. It also doesn't have kwallet. I've grabbed a few programs from Xbuntu and Kubuntu - notably an improved task manager. Easy to do. They're all in the packages.

Minimal is good. Very good. Just something to think about.

I miss this forum, however, which always was a pleasure to participate in. I do so appreciate the help I've received here over the years.

Comment

Working...
              X