Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if these are one of the many things in KDE that need to be deleted from outside a Plasma session as they are cached and written back to disk later?

Comment

I dunno. But just now I reordered the items in Dolphin's Places:

and suddenly File -> Open dialogs are now back to normal:

Meanwhile, Gwenview now has six instances of Home | Network | Root | Trash:

Comment

I just noticed it has grown in my Gwenview as well

Comment

I filed a bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...w/+bug/1461708

All, please click the green "Does this bug affect you?" link if you're having the same problem.

Comment

Of all the problems I have with 15.04, this is not (yet) one of them

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
              Of all the problems I have with 15.04, this is not (yet) one of them
              Are you running the Kubuntu backports PPA?

Comment

I am NOT seeing this in Either the kubuntu-ci version or Manjaro, which are using Frameworks 5.11 and 5.10. We are at frameworks 5.9 with the Backports ppa atm.

Comment

Also:
                  https://blogs.kde.org/2015/06/04/fol...st-views-again
                  YAY!!

Except for the wait, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                    Are you running the Kubuntu backports PPA?
                    Yes I do.

Since this mornings boot I'm also seeing repeated icons (4x) in Gwenview.
                    But because they are below anything useful they are not in the way.

The past two days had a bunch of updates, after day one I was about to give up on 15.04 but since yesterday it kind of works.
                    The remaining problem is that some minutes after booting all global short cuts go down.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                      I filed a bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...w/+bug/1461708

All, please click the green "Does this bug affect you?" link if you're having the same problem.
                      Would do that if I could find it. Do I need to be logged in?

Comment

Seems it helps to be logged in.
                        At least it is Confirmed.

PS,
                        I included a screenshot but now Firefox crashes every time I access this page, any other page on this site is fine...
                        This posting is done via Chromium and after I removed the stub to the picture Firefox returned to sanity.
                        Last edited by Teunis; Jun 05, 2015, 08:18 AM. Reason: Crash

Comment

The redundant icons in Gwenview are now gone.
                          History is still broken in Muon so I don't have a way to quickly see what got updated today.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
                            The redundant icons in Gwenview are now gone.
                            History is still broken in Muon so I don't have a way to quickly see what got updated today.
                            Yes, Gwenview is good here, too.

Upgrade history, from this morning:
                            Code:
                            steve@x250:~$ [B]cat /var/log/apt/history.log[/B]
                            . . .

Start-Date: 2015-06-05  10:21:00
                            Commandline: apt full-upgrade
                            Upgrade: libkf5kiowidgets5:amd64 (5.9.0-0ubuntu1, 5.9.0-0ubuntu1.1),
                            libgtk-3-bin:amd64 (3.14.12-0ubuntu2, 3.14.13-0ubuntu1),
                            libkf5kiontlm5:amd64 (5.9.0-0ubuntu1, 5.9.0-0ubuntu1.1),
                            libgtk-3-0:amd64 (3.14.12-0ubuntu2, 3.14.13-0ubuntu1),
                            libgtk-3-common:amd64 (3.14.12-0ubuntu2, 3.14.13-0ubuntu1),
                            libkf5kiofilewidgets5:amd64 (5.9.0-0ubuntu1, 5.9.0-0ubuntu1.1),
                            kio:amd64 (5.9.0-0ubuntu1, 5.9.0-0ubuntu1.1),
                            libkf5kiocore5:amd64 (5.9.0-0ubuntu1, 5.9.0-0ubuntu1.1)
                            End-Date: 2015-06-05  10:21:06
                            ~/.local/share/kfileplaces/bookmarks.xml is still riddled with duplicates. ~/.local/share/user-places.xbel is now correct and complete -- it includes a single entry for each of the defaults and the items I added. Running Gwenview through strace shows that Gwenview is now consulting only user-places.xbel for Places.

Comment

Ah that's where they are hiding
                              Thanks Steve!

Comment

But Kickoff -> Computer -> Places still shows lots of duplicates. It's probably still reading bookmarks.xml.

Comment

Working...
                                X