Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for kicks - since I hate the B&W icons - here's a set I made for myself.

I just included 16, 22 and 128 sizes. Enjoy

BTW: These won't change the black background...sorry
    Attached Files
    Last edited by oshunluvr; Feb 11, 2015, 02:20 PM.

Please Read Me

Comment

First post here!
      Just wanted to add that to solve this issue I uninstalled and reinstalled nautilus-dropbox package using muon package manager. And the icon was back!
      That's all folks!

Comment

I lost the icon again. I tried all the "fixes" in this thread including re-installing and cannot get it back.

EDIT. I have been looking for a solution for this for 3 weeks. Just after I posted, I issued the command "dropbox filestatus" in a terminal and the icon showed up.
        Last edited by richb; Feb 19, 2015, 09:03 AM.
        Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
        Always consider Occam's Razor
        Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Wheel Inventor View Post
          KDE (Plasma 5) tray (un)compatibility with the dropbox et.al: http://lists.kde.org/?t=142261457800003&r=1&w=2
          I just want to for clarity, I am not on plasma 5 and have the problem in kubuntu 14.10 with plain old KDE 4.14.2 and Qt version 4.8.6.

Comment

Originally posted by anika200 View Post
            I just want to for clarity, I am not on plasma 5 and have the problem in kubuntu 14.10 with plain old KDE 4.14.2 and Qt version 4.8.6.
            Same here.

By the way I sent Dropbox a support request and got back "we cannot answer every request", and links to stock issues that were unrelated. Not helpful at all.
            Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
            Always consider Occam's Razor
            Rich

Comment

I'm also on KDE4 (kubuntu 14.10) and have also been looking for a way to solve this for weeks.

i haven't installed the nautilus-tools - so the "dropbox filestatus" command workaround won't work for me.
              (trying to resist installing a gnome toolkit to run in the KDE)

One discovery that i hope will help someone else figure out how to fix this:

it has something to do with permissions. If i launch dropbox from the terminal as root:

>sudo ~/.dropbox-dist/dropboxd
              then dropbox and the system tray play together happily.
              i've been launching it this way for a few days now (can disown it to detach it from the terminal session) and the icon hasn't disappeared yet.

this isn't an acceptable longterm solution. dropbox shouldn't be running as root

Comment

Originally posted by nello View Post
                i haven't installed the nautilus-tools - so the "dropbox filestatus" command workaround won't work for me.
                (trying to resist installing a gnome toolkit to run in the KDE)
                Only a few prerequisites are required for nautilus-dropbox in my experience ... much more acceptable than running it as root!
                I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Working...
                X