This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScottyK View Post
    Wow, 3.2.6. is the latest version? I was on 3.0.3, maybe that's the problem! And hopefully you'll get your icon back also!
    hahaha, that is what I was thinking.

I guess we have to update manually from the website. I am not sure I will since oshunluvr no longer has tray icon.

Comment

Reinstall fixed both issues (old version of 3.0.3 and icon missing). Hopefully it won't run all day indexing, but if so, that's fine. At least it's properly working again. Thanks all!

Comment

ScottyK When you say Reinstall, did you upgrade to the newest version 3.2.6 from the web?

Glad you got it fixed.

Comment

Well I updated to newest 3.2.6 and still have the crappy icon in systray. Must be something else for me or my icons/theme.

Oh, and I still do not have an entry in the system tray settings.

Comment

Well, I went ahead and upgraded. Now I have no System tray icon and it's no longer in the entries!!!

Figures

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
              Well, I went ahead and upgraded. Now I have no System tray icon and it's no longer in the entries!!!

Figures
              Hey, you already said that in post #13.

Comment

Ok - now I've installed dropbox to a different user and it worked fine there.

When I logged back in as my user, it wasn't there but dropbox wasn't running either. The symlink was incorrect so I launched it manually and the icon appeared!

One other thing I've noticed: I have my panel set to autohide. When it does, the dropbox menu from the systray disappears with it. As long as I am hovering over the first two items in the list, it's fine. As soon as I approach item 3, it goes away with the panel. Annoying.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by anika200 View Post
                  Hey, you already said that in post #13.
                  Ooops - accidental repost!

Please Read Me

Comment

One other thing I've noticed: I have my panel set to autohide. When it does, the dropbox menu from the systray disappears with it. As long as I am hovering over the first two items in the list, it's fine. As soon as I approach item 3, it goes away with the panel. Annoying.
                    Apparently, this is a QT5 bug as it effects more than just Dropbox (found a report of it on OwnCloud forum). Using "Windows may Cover" instead of "Auto-Hide" resolves the problem, but it's not as cool as auto-hide...

Please Read Me

Comment

I have lost icon transparency too.

EDIT: Seems this is a QT5 bug and it will be fixed in an update to 5.4...
                      Last edited by oshunluvr; Feb 11, 2015, 11:09 AM.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                        I have lost icon transparency too.

EDIT: Seems this is a QT5 bug and it will be fixed in an update to 5.4...
                        Cool, I thought I was the only one. Glad there is a fix in the works, I wonder when 5.4 is due so its off to google.

Wait What QT5 as in the next version?
                        Are you running plasma 5 ?
                        Last edited by anika200; Feb 11, 2015, 11:17 AM. Reason: QT 5 question and concern

Comment

The icon is there, but it looks terrible. Two color, with a black background. But at least I have access to the icon, and can right click and access dropbox.

And it's version 3.2.6, instead of what was on there earlier (3.0.3). Laptop still reflects 3.0.3, need to update that also!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyK View Post
                            The icon is there, but it looks terrible. Two color, with a black background.
                            yep, thats the one I have too.

Comment

Oh, sorry - yeah QT4 for KDE4. QT5 with plasma5

Please Read Me

Comment

KDE (Plasma 5) tray (un)compatibility with the dropbox et.al: http://lists.kde.org/?t=142261457800003&r=1&w=2

Comment

Working...
                                X