X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericjac.../#2df894f8211a

https://www.computerworld.com/articl...for-skype.html
    And the patent was awarded. Microsoft replaced the P2P data structures used by Skype and set up a Linux server farm and installed Legal Intercept on its severs.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/1..._appeal_fails/
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      I just installed wire on my iPad. I didn’t find it as intuitive as I expected or desired, but I might have been expecting to much (it’s what I do). I requested my account be deleted, but I’ll keep the app installed for now. I guess I need to see it in action, so I need to know the Wire username of someone using it here. (@Don, care to email me your Wire username? I’ll create another account when I get it.)
      Created a new Wire account and tested it with dibl. Works fine. Wire on my iPad doesn’t have the features that it does when you install it in Linux, which I intend to do in my 17.10 VM.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I know someone who doesn't eat meat for ethical reasons. I don't think anything of cooking them a separate meal when I have people over, I don't think that is uncommon, plus it's something I'd do if they had a dietary requirement or just plain didn't like the food. It's vastly less hassle to install an extra application on a system and there's no reason to refuse out of (what is generally in this situation) laziness. I've had enough of the "all my friends use" situation, if they won't even install an extra app to speak to you after you explain the reasons why, then knackers to them really.

If people want to test out wire with a human then they can message @bings

Comment

Created a new Wire account and tested it with dibl. Works fine. Wire on my iPad doesn’t have the features that it does when you install it in Linux, which I intend to do in my 17.10 VM.
          Installed the downloaded .deb file (while installing, it installed three dependent packages also). Launching it opened the application window with menu bar (which itself was active and clickable), but the app never finishes loading? The progress bar in the middle of the screen never ‘finished’ and didn’t go away. Not sure what that’s about. Maybe the app doesn’t work correctly in a VM?

I’ll try installing Wire on my laptop (16.10 IIRC) and see how it fares there.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

...Not sure what that’s about. Maybe the app doesn’t work correctly in a VM?
            Does your VM have direct access to the audio and camera? If not, that might be the issue. It installed and runs flawlessly on three very different Linux systems here, so I suspect it's something about the VM.

Comment

Working...
            X