X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

packaging issue?

Kontact Version 4.13.3, Kubuntu version 14.04.1 64-bit

i recently (december 2015) updated my system, which included an update for Kontact.

after updating, i noticed that the archive for Akregator is missing... i get new articles, but as soon as i read them and select another feed, they disappear and are no longer accessible, even if they are flagged "important".

i posted this in the KDE-PIM mailing list and the response that i got was that it probably was not an issue with Kontact, as PCLinuxOS is up to Kontact 4.14.10 with nothing like this problem.

it doesn't strike me as being a desirable feature, and if i'm the only one who is seeing it, i'm hoping someone has a solution...
    ⇑ Hybrid Elephant
    http://www.hybridelephant.com/
    ⇓ The world's finest exotic incense

It is working fine for me here on my Trusty setup.

Check to see if the filtering has not changed from All Articles to Unread in the Status selector at the top, to the right of the search box. What you see is precisely how it will act when set to Unread there.

Comment

As a side note (because I am cranky-pants tonight), funny how they didn't actually look at the problem you have to see what might be a possible thing to do or look at, and blame it on packaging, while slightly gloating over having a minor point release from you.

Comment

D'OH!! 8/

yeah, the status filtering switched from "All articles" to "Unread" and i didn't notice... 8/
        ⇑ Hybrid Elephant
        http://www.hybridelephant.com/
        ⇓ The world's finest exotic incense

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          As a side note (because I am cranky-pants tonight), funny how they didn't actually look at the problem you have to see what might be a possible thing to do or look at, and blame it on packaging, while slightly gloating over having a minor point release from you.
          Yep, and that's the way typically roll. Any time they can blame it on the guy having a problem, they are happy. I don't go to their place any more.
          The next brick house on the left
          Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

It felt like $DISTRO{long-forgotten} was trying to bash $DISTRO{more_popular_and_useful}

/me wonders why we are trying to avoid naming names here, lol!

Comment

If you're talking about the PCLinuxOS forum, they're the main reason I switched to Kubuntu in 2009. Granted, that was a long time ago and things may have changed. But back then? Watch out buddy! Odd how people can take something (linux) intended to be free, open, and flexible and a community (this word means "everyone" in this context) effort and try to wall it in, fend off differing opinions, and segregate themselves. Tex would have done himself a huge favor by policing his mods a bit more, but whatever. They were establishing policies that were contrary to what had come to understand linux was all about, so I, like many others, left for greener pastures.

Please Read Me

Comment

Same thing here (minus the mod problems), but change the date to 2005. Lycoris was bought out by the then newly- merged Mandriva, and I did not get along with that distro, so was distro hopping. I knew of texstar from his Lycoris packages so i jumped to his place for a short bit, until I heard the announcement of Kubuntu and ran across Jonathan Riddell on a list or in irc.

Comment

Basically, I was using PClinuxOS daily for a couple years but was exploring others on occasion. I installed Kubuntu 9.04 and was enjoying the experience (Kubuntu is way more up-to-date then PCLOS was back then. They really dragged the package updates. Likely because Tex was a one-man-show) and dared to make a comment about it on the PCLOS forum in the social section! My post was deleted and I got a very angry and nastily toned threat from a mod. I replied with a "Don't bother with any more threats, please delete my account" and I haven't been back. I removed PCLinuxOS that day and have been using Kubuntu ever since - even before I found this forum. IMO, it's an A-Hole club over there and they can have it.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                  X