Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Run Command dialog keeps opening while I type.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Run Command dialog keeps opening while I type.

the run command dialog (I think this is krunner?) keeps opening and grabbing focus while I type. I suspect it's something to do with my touchpad, as the touchpad on the Thinkpad W540 kinda sucks, but I'm nowhere near the F2 key and something is definitely triggering it. I can't figure it out, and google has proved fruitless in my search. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I disable it entirely from my system. I'm on Kubuntu 14.04.1 LTS

What has the focus ?

If no application or plasma widget has been selected the KRunner will auto-launch - this has been the default from the 2011 : https://liveblue.wordpress.com/2011/...unch-feedback/

...In the end of February, I pushed a new feature that launches KRunner automatically whenever the user starts typing and no plasmoid is focused, so that one doesn’t need to push ALT+F2 before using it...

KDE UserBase: https://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/Krunner
    A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
    Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

So then my problem is actually that something is losing focus and my typing gets picked up by Krunner...Unfortuantely, I still don't know how that's happening and there's apparently no settings to disable this feature. The problem is this is happening while I'm typing in Kate or Eclipse.

Comment

So then my problem is actually that something is losing focus...
        Running a quick search - it seems that you not the only one: http://unix.stackexchange.com/questi...-window-in-kde
        A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
        Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

not that this is happening to you ,,,,,,,,but , I have had similar things happen , it turned out (for me) that the track pad on the laptop was so sensitive that if I am typing AND the cursor is off the window a mere brush of my palm over it will give focus to the desktop (or wherever the cursor is) ,,,,,,,if the cursor was on the desktop ,,,,,,,,Krunner launches

try system settings>input devices>touchpad>enable/disable touchpad tab> and check disable touchpad wile typing and increase the time out time , then click apply .

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

The touchpad does suck, but I couldn't pinpoint an issue with it selecting the desktop. it's possible it selected something else, though I don't know what. I changed it to disable when I have a mouse plugged in, and it hasn't happened since. the problem is that the touchpad is a click pad and doesn't have separate hardware buttons, so I can't click the mouse from the keyboard if I disable it.

Comment

Have you changed any of the default key settings? @here ALT-F2 opens krunner, not F2.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by DarkReverend View Post
                The touchpad does suck, but I couldn't pinpoint an issue with it selecting the desktop. it's possible it selected something else, though I don't know what.
                if the desktop is clicked , it is selected and has focus ,,,,or if nothing else is selected or has focus,, the desktop dose .
                If the desktop has focus ,,,just typing will launch Krunner.

Originally posted by DarkReverend View Post
                I changed it to disable when I have a mouse plugged in, and it hasn't happened since.
                did you try checking disable touchpad wile typing and increase the time out time , then click apply .

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
                X