Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extundelete - failed to read-only open device "/dev/sde": Error code 2133571347

I installed extundelete, but can't get any access to my harddisks. What is error code 2133571347?

Few:
    - http://sourceforge.net/p/extundelete...es.berlios.de/
    - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1658539
    Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
    - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

First time that I see that search graphic, made me laugh.
      Disclaimer, I have fired off a question to some forum or another without first googling.

Comment

It's more polite than sending someone a LMGTFY link

Comment

It may be more polite, but neither of those two links are any help to the issue. And I've searched for over a week with Google because I have the same issue.
          Here's what I've found: I believe I'm getting the error because I'm trying to run extundelete against an image of the whole drive and not an image of the filesystem.

I'm currently making a copy of the file system now to see if that fixes the error.

Comment

An image of the drive would seem, by definition, to include the complete file system. Well, that wouldn't be true in the case of RAID, where a file system can span muliple physical drives.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
              An image of the drive would seem, by definition, to include the complete file system. Well, that wouldn't be true in the case of RAID, where a file system can span muliple physical drives.
              Darn, so you think we would need to attach both hard drives and then make an image of the file system from that? I've already reattached one of the drives and wrote some stuff to it...makes sense though...although I had my drives in Raid 1 so I guess I thought they were mirror of each other and only needed one to extract a good file system.

Comment

Prudence dictates backups prior to disassembling a raid however, you should be able to mount a raid1 disk in degraded mode and access the files cleanly. Other raid levels not so much...

Please Read Me

Comment

Well I've always told people Raid 1 isn't a backup as it doesn't protect you from making a dummy mistake like deleting a folder you weren't supposed to!

I can mount the one hard drive and access the files that are still there. The issue is I want the folder back I deleted (The files that aren't there!)

I'm still waiting for dd to finish making an image of the file system from one of the hard drives and then I'm gonna try running extundelete again and see if this error persists.

Comment

Finished making the image. If I run fdisk -1

Code:
                    Disk /dev/sdb: 4000.8 GB, 4000787030016 bytes
                    255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 486401 cylinders, total 7814037168 sectors
                    Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
                    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 4096 bytes
                    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 4096 bytes / 4096 bytes
                    Disk identifier: 0x00000000

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
                    /dev/sdb1               1  4294967294  2147483647   ee  GPT
                    Partition 1 does not start on physical sector boundary.

But if I run parted -l

Code:
                    Model: ATA WDC WD40EFRX-68W (scsi)
                    Disk /dev/sdb: 4001GB
                    Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/4096B
                    Partition Table: gpt

Number  Start   End     Size    File system  Name                  Flags
                     1      20.5kB  210MB   210MB   fat32        EFI System Partition  boot
                     2      211MB   4001GB  4001GB  ntfs         RED4TB                msftdata

Ok so there is my target: /dev/sdb2

So when I run extundelete /dev/sdb2 --restore-all
                    I still get:

extundelete: failed to read-only open device "/dev/sdb2": Error code 2133571347

I challenge ANYONE to help fix this! I've google searched the hell out of this error and no one seems to have reported something that fixed it.
                    Last edited by SteveRiley; Nov 28, 2014, 03:08 AM.

Comment

The filesystem is NTFS. You need an NTFS undeleter. You can't use extundelete, because that's for EXT2/3/4 filesystems.

Comment

thank you steveriley!! how did I not see that!!!!
                        Well i guess i can stop racking my brain with extundelete!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X