Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current Google Chrome Stable Constantly Crashes?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I recently did a fresh install of Kubuntu 14.04 L.T.S. 64Bit and fully updated it.
    I installed Google Chrome stable Internet browser and it's not working well.
    I keep getting the infamous "Aw Snap! Something Went Wrong" error message?

When I run Google Chrome from terminal, I get this output:
    Code:
    jezxlee@Optimus-Prime:~$ google-chrome
    [18796:18796:1101/103218:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(305)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process
    [WARNING:flash/platform/pepper/pep_module.cpp(63)] SANDBOXED
    I tried both stable and beta versions of Google Chrome and they both show above error constantly.

Anyone know how to fix the above problem with Google Chrome?
    I am on an AMD FX 3.5GHz 8-core CPU, 32GB DDR3 RAM, and an AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 GPU with proprietary AMD display drivers.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    This is a "mission-critical" machine and I need it to be stable...

Jesse
    Last edited by JeZ-l-Lee; Nov 02, 2014, 06:57 AM.

I think the current version of pepperflash (15.0.0.189) is the problem. I'm using a version of Chromium on 14.10 and pepperflash constantly crashes. The older version on my 14.04 install works fine.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
      I think the current version of pepperflash (15.0.0.189) is the problem. I'm using a version of Chromium on 14.10 and pepperflash constantly crashes. The older version on my 14.04 install works fine.
      Hi,

I must admit that I am a YouTube junkie and when Google Chrome crashes it is when I have YouTube playing something.
      How can I fix this? Can I disable this PepperFlash and install Flash from Adobe website?

Thanks!

Jesse

Comment

You can do that, but Adobe flash is version 11 and not supported any longer by most websites. I think your problem is related to the fglrx drivers. Do some web searching.

Does it work with firefox?

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
          You can do that, but Adobe flash is version 11 and not supported any longer by most websites. I think your problem is related to the fglrx drivers. Do some web searching.

Does it work with firefox?
          Hi,

Firefox seems to be ok.
          Is there anything I can do to fix the above crashing with Google Chrome?
          There must be something that can be done?
          I did not have these problems on my other desktop with Intel/nVidia.

Jesse

Comment

Also though I don't have the same video card as you do.
            I get high CPU usage and over heating with the latest pepper flash I've gone back to using F.F. and it does not seem to have the same problem.
            Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Hi,

Would installing the proprietary AMD Linux display drivers from AMD website fix this?
              Is it safe to install AMD display drivers from AMD site onto Kubuntu?

Thanks!

Jesse

Comment

Hi,

I was using the proprietary AMD display driver offered by Kubuntu driver settings.
                After I switched to the open-source driver and rebooted then Google Chrome not crash anymore.
                My only issue is WMWare Player complains about no hardware acceleration for Win 8.1 Pro 64Bit VM guest?

Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by JeZ-l-Lee View Post
                  Hi,

My only issue is WMWare Player complains about no hardware acceleration for Win 8.1 Pro 64Bit VM guest?

Jesse
                  Start a new thread. You won't get much attention to this problem if you leave it buried here.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                  X