X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random window

Hi, my first question, so please be gentle with me! lol

Apologies in advance if I've posted this in the wrong area.

I installed Trusty on my Lenovo laptop and I'm delighted at how things have worked out (all except the Dropbox transition).

However, I get a random window pop up occasionally and I'm curious as to what it is. It doesn't stay very long.

OK, now I find I can't post attachments, which makes this post pretty pointless. So, I'll have to make do with a description - the window is a thin strip with a percentage number at the right and an icon of a screen on the left.

Anybody go any ideas?

I should add that I'm not a newbie, I've been using Linux since the late 90s, but I'm far from being an expert.

Many thanks for your help.

it's a screen brightness indicator ,,,,,,,it will pop up if A: you hit one of the brightness controle keys or B: the screen dims du to input inactivity ,,,,,,,

you can change when the screen auto dims in system settings>power managment

PS: one more post and you can post links

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks, Vinny. I suspected that's what it is from your reply in another thread. It's a shame I can't just disable the notification, but that's fine with me.

Thanks again

Comment

Try System Settings > Power Management > On AC Power and uncheck Screen Brightness.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Have you tried starting from an empty session? System Settings > Startup and Shutdown> Session Management > select "Start with an empty session"

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
            Try System Settings > Power Management > On AC Power and uncheck Screen Brightness.
            Thanks, that turns off the power saving option, but not the notification.

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
              Have you tried starting from an empty session? System Settings > Startup and Shutdown> Session Management > select "Start with an empty session"
              No, but I'll try that next. Thanks for the suggestion :-D

Comment

Working...
              X