This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Updates Screwed Up My Fonts

Just updated today about 20 updates were available.
    As you can see from the following attachmens, my Fonts have gone Haywire.
    This is in Firefox & Google Chrome. I also have the same issue in LibreOffice.
    I have tried changing the Font but problem persists.
    Anyone else seeing this or have any idea how to rectify?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	648188Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	648189

Thanks

edit... Actually I have noticed a pattern. The fonts are only screwed in gtk/gnome applications & not in the native kde ones!
    Last edited by Rainmaker; May 19, 2014, 01:05 PM. Reason: Extra Info

I haven't logged out since the updates, but definitely some major pieces of kde updated.

Did your GTK settings in System Settings > Application Appearance maybe get reset? If not, maybe set to something else, Apply, then return to the correct settings.

Comment

15 more updates today, but problem still persists.
      ronw... I checked gtk settings and they are fine.
      I will delete my .kde folder & see if that makes any difference.
      I have also noticed that the problem only seems to be after I resume from suspend.

Comment

Clear out your user cache and switch Desktop Theme to anything else and then back to what you use again.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks Snowhog,
          Have tried your suggestion. It seems to work, but I will wait 24 hours to be sure, before marking this thread as solved.

Comment

This problem has not reoccurred, so am marking as solved.
            Thanks Snowhog & ronw for your help.

Comment

How do I clear my user cache

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
              Clear out your user cache and switch Desktop Theme to anything else and then back to what you use again.
              I can find the Desktop Theme in Systems Settings > Workspace Appearance, but I cannot find the user cache there?

Comment

It's in your Home folder. .cache, (a hidden folder). Enter the folder & delete everything in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker View Post
                  It's in your Home folder. .cache, (a hidden folder). Enter the folder & delete everything in it.
                  P.S. you should do this outside KDE. As in: log out of the GUI and log into the terminal via CRTL-ATL-F1. From there it's a simple rm -r ~/.cache

Doing from the GUI won't kill puppies or anything, but might cause crashes. Better to log out first.

Please Read Me

Comment

Thank you, Rainmaker, and thank you oshunluvr for anticipating my follow-up question.

Comment

Working...
                    X