This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've joined the world of Trusty Tahr -- there were a couple bumps

I finally upgraded. As far as I can see, Trusty Tahr appears to be running fine. There were a couple bumps.

1. It uninstalled LibreOffice. (solved)
    WTF? I thought that was its default Office suite. No biggie. I reinstalled it.
    2. It uninstalled the dependency files needed to run Le Conjugueur, a French verb conjugation application that I use. Fortunately, I've been through wrestling with getting LC to run before. It's an older program last tested with Ubuntu 8.04. You have to install a 32-bit dependency file that Ubuntu has abandoned. If you need to run Le Conjugueur, you can find my explanation how at the following link. Skip to the end where you can find my letter to the developer in French and in English:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12930375 (solved)
    3. I plug a mouse in and use it, but I'm back to having problems with accidentally hitting the laptop's touchpad and messing up my cursor position. This is the one I still need to figure out. (still not solved)
    Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
    ================================

Most laptops have a Function key combo to turn off the touchpad.
    Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
    Always consider Occam's Razor
    Rich

Comment

If not, try mapping keycode 201 to some key you don't use

Please Read Me

Comment

You can turn off Touchpad in,
        System Settings > Input Devices > Touchpad, ( and if I remember correctly you can set it up to disable touchpad when a mouse is pluged in)

Comment

In the touchpad setup there's an option called 'Palm Detection', it makes the thing less sensitive to.... your palm.
          I hate using a touchpad, one reason I only buy laptops with a track point like the Thinkpads en Toshiba Tecra's so I typically disable the thing.
          But since I found this palm option it doesn't bother me very much any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
            In the touchpad setup there's an option called 'Palm Detection', it makes the thing less sensitive to.... your palm.
            I hate using a touchpad, one reason I only buy laptops with a track point like the Thinkpads en Toshiba Tecra's so I typically disable the thing.
            But since I found this palm option it doesn't bother me very much any more.

It's way better now.
            Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
            ================================

Comment

Install kde-touchpad. It allows for setting the touchpad so that when a mouse is plugged in, the touchpad is disabled.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
              X