X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frozen mouse

Hi,
    I was trying to no longer have a blank screen after booting with ctrl-alt-F1, ctrl-alt-F7 and other combinations while the mouse got frozen. I no longer can move it, if I turn off the computer and than on. The mouse is still unable to move. Do somebody know how to get it movable again please?

Change the batteries?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I mean to move it on the screen.

Comment

It is possible that the mouse simply has died; it happens.

Is this a USB connected mouse? If it is, do you have another USB port on the computer you can try it on?

Comment

assuming you can open a terminal (hint: CTRL-F2, konsole ) try this

xinput --list

You should get a list of "Virtual core pointer". Each item will have an id number. Using the id number for your mouse (10 here as an example), try

xinput disable 10
          xinput enable 10

Please Read Me

Comment

Thank you very much oshunluvr.
            My problem is that I have a blank screen (with a post-it on it because I put a post-it as the computer worked).
            I cannot have a terminal thru ctrl-F2, but I can have a tty screen-wide-terminal. When I write "xinput disable 10" and "xinput enable 10", the answers are "unable to connect to X server".

Comment

Thanks Snowhog, when I connect a mouse, I can move it on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by nicrnicr View Post
                Thank you very much oshunluvr.
                My problem is that I have a blank screen (with a post-it on it because I put a post-it as the computer worked).
                I cannot have a terminal thru ctrl-F2, but I can have a tty screen-wide-terminal. When I write "xinput disable 10" and "xinput enable 10", the answers are "unable to connect to X server".
                Try Ctrl+Alt+F2 to get to a tty session.

Comment

Working...
                X