Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the same problem the other day. I updated via Terminal instead of Muon and lost Kmail, KAddressBook, and who knows what else. I thought I borked something so I zapped it and re-installed Glad to know it wasn't anything I did, but now I feel stupid for taking the time to start from scratch LOL

Comment

I am going to be a bit harsh here, but in this situation, we all have to take some of the burden of blame on our own shoulders

If apt-get in the terminal shows a list of packages to be REMOVED, and we still hit <ENTER>....
      If Muon or synaptic shows us that something is going to be uninstalled, and we still click OK....

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        I am going to be a bit harsh here, but in this situation, we all have to take some of the burden of blame on our own shoulders

If apt-get in the terminal shows a list of packages to be REMOVED, and we still hit <ENTER>....
        If Muon or synaptic shows us that something is going to be uninstalled, and we still click OK....
        You're not being harsh. You're being truthful. I know I have only myself to blame for not paying closer attention. But I've coming away with the lesson to read things a little better before simply clicking "OK."

Comment

A little unfair claydoh... in my case nothing wan removed.. just not properly installed.

Comment

Originally posted by pnunn View Post
            Bloody hell... did the update this morning, now my email has gone west from contact. Everything else is there, but no email plugin an more. How do I get that back again??
            Ok, apt-get install kmail kaddressbook seems to have sorted out that issue.. Oh well...
            A little unfair claydoh... in my case nothing wan removed.. just not properly installed.
            You said Kmail was missing, and installing it brought it back, hence it was removed. Your issue could be OT to the OP, but...

As I said - harsh, perhaps, but not unfair.

Comment

I saw an update available icon (Muon update notice) in my system tray and opened a Konsole and did the usual

sudo apt-get update
              sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

The update command hung on "100% waiting on headers", which usually indicates a repository being hammered. I opened the Muon Updater from the system tray and it updated several files without problems. Returning to the Konsole I redid the update command and let it set. Almost 5 minutes later it completed without errors. I never ran the upgrade because I did that through Muon.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Humm ,,,,I have no updates today (maby I did them late last night) exept for neon5 ones

Code:
                The following packages will be upgraded:
                  project-neon5-baloo project-neon5-frameworkintegration
                  project-neon5-kactivities project-neon5-karchive project-neon5-kauth
                  project-neon5-kbookmarks project-neon5-kcmutils project-neon5-kcodecs
                  project-neon5-kcompletion project-neon5-kconfig project-neon5-kconfigwidgets
                  project-neon5-kcoreaddons project-neon5-kcrash project-neon5-kdbusaddons
                  project-neon5-kde-cli-tools project-neon5-kdeclarative project-neon5-kded
                  project-neon5-kdelibs4support project-neon5-kdesignerplugin
                  project-neon5-kdesu project-neon5-kdewebkit project-neon5-kdnssd
                  project-neon5-kdoctools project-neon5-kemoticons project-neon5-kfilemetadata
                  project-neon5-kglobalaccel project-neon5-kguiaddons
                  project-neon5-khelpcenter project-neon5-khotkeys project-neon5-khtml
                  project-neon5-ki18n project-neon5-kiconthemes project-neon5-kidletime
                  project-neon5-kinfocenter project-neon5-kinit project-neon5-kio
                  project-neon5-kio-extras project-neon5-kitemmodels project-neon5-kitemviews
                  project-neon5-kjobwidgets project-neon5-kjs project-neon5-kjsembed
                  project-neon5-kmenuedit project-neon5-knewstuff project-neon5-knotifications
                  project-neon5-knotifyconfig project-neon5-konsole project-neon5-kparts
                  project-neon5-kplotting project-neon5-kpty project-neon5-krunner
                  project-neon5-kservice project-neon5-ksysguard project-neon5-ktexteditor
                  project-neon5-ktextwidgets project-neon5-kunitconversion
                  project-neon5-kwallet project-neon5-kwidgetsaddons project-neon5-kwin
                  project-neon5-kwindowsystem project-neon5-kwrited project-neon5-kxmlgui
                  project-neon5-libkscreen project-neon5-libksysguard project-neon5-libnm-qt
                  project-neon5-milou project-neon5-oxygen project-neon5-phonon4qt5
                  project-neon5-phonon4qt5-vlc project-neon5-plasma-desktop
                  project-neon5-plasma-framework project-neon5-plasma-nm
                  project-neon5-plasma-workspace project-neon5-polkit-qt-1
                  project-neon5-powerdevil project-neon5-qt5 project-neon5-qt5-dev
                  project-neon5-qtwebkit project-neon5-solid project-neon5-sonnet
                  project-neon5-systemsettings project-neon5-threadweaver
                82 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
                Need to get 77.0 MB of archives.
                After this operation, 4,096 B disk space will be freed.
                all is well @ hear

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                  Humm ,,,,I have no updates today
                  This is kind of an old thread, Vinny...the OP was July 3.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                    This is kind of an old thread, Vinny...the OP was July 3.
                    Doooo GG's post about 30-40 min before mine dragged me in .................. LOL

VINNY
                    16GB RAM

Comment

I moved steve7233's posts (and replies) here into the new thread he started, because they're unrelated to the OP's topic.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                        Doooo GG's post about 30-40 min before mine dragged me in .................. LOL

VINNY
                        Ya, my daughter-in-law calls me an evil influence on my grandson!
                        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                          Ya, my daughter-in-law calls me an evil influence on my grandson!
                          that's what Paw Paw's are for right?
                          I have 7 Grands myself

VINNY
                          16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                          X