This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network stopped

Previously network was working fine. When I installed another NIC, initially it worked fine. When I reconnect it to WAN router with DHCP for internet it stopped. Now on booting, waiting for network configuration.. then boots with network stopped. Plz help

can i ask.. why did you install another nic?

if you have two network cards you will need a little bit of configuration,
    it's hard to say without knowing what you're trying to do
    K 14.4 64 AMD 955be3200MHz 8GB 1866Mhz 6TB Plex/samba.etc.+ Macbook Air 13".

Comment

If you have 2 routes to the internet, it can cause connection stoppage. You either have to connect one card to the 'net and not the other or bond the cards. As millusions points out: unless we know what you're trying to do we can't help you.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by millusions View Post
        can i ask.. why did you install another nic?

if you have two network cards you will need a little bit of configuration,
        it's hard to say without knowing what you're trying to do

Presently our internet connection is terminated on our single router. This is a new setup . I want to terminated the internet in this setup with KUBUNTU-14.04, so that thru SQUID I can distribute the internet connection to another LAN group. we have two LAN(IP) setup. One LAN-set is using another internet connection, ditributed thru Windows-XP. This is the situation. Pls help

Comment

Working...
        X