This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoWorries View Post
    For quite a few weeks I have been downloading a new iso for 14.04 and Try Kubuntu has never worked. I just get a black screen. You will find my experiences here. I ended up doing an install and it worked fine. It does sound risky, but I was prepared to take the chance. I would suggest that you give that option a go.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm just playing around with OpenSUSE 13.1. Surprisingly crashy for a release and somewhat unfinished, I must say. As soon I get bored (could happen soon...), I'll give it a go with trusty.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      Maybe sudo poweroff would work?
      I didn't realise the difference between halt and poweroff until now.

I had been using halt for the Raspberry Pi, doesn't make a difference because there's no on/off switch, so you have to pull the power cable.

For the record: halt stops the CPU but doesn't cut the power; poweroff stops the CPU and turns the power off as well.
      samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Code:
        :~$ dpkg -l | grep qt.-default
        Interesting... I have qt4-default on my machine. Not sure whether it's a remnant from a previous release or I pulled in sometime when experimenting with some development stuff.

After looking at the results from my 13.10 system, I decided to check on the Qt5 packages and installed Qt5-default.
        Does qdbus work for you now?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
          Does qdbus work for you now?
          I have qdbus and qdbus-qt5 installed. I have not had any reported errors from qdbus and window effects are working. I have not noticed any significant difference in this area between my Saucy system and Trusty which uses qdbus-qt4.

Is there any other area that I should check to determine if qdbus is working as it should?

Comment

I don't understand why on a freshly-built system qdbus doesn't just work out-of-the-box. Must investigate Launchpad bugs...

Comment

Working...
            X