This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway to move Konsole around?

Unless I screwed up some settings (which could be possible), Konsole seems to be fixated in one place and un-movable. It only has a minimize but no maximize button. When I try to move it the 4 way arrow and fade out work, but the Konsole refuses to move and always snaps into the upper right corner of the screen.

This is seriously problematic seeing as the windows and application setting appear to be completely unedited and my second x-screen is smaller than my normal one and Konsole disappears off it.

Upgraded to 13.10 in the last day so not sure if that makes a difference.

Any ideas?

Sounds like a messed setting in your home directory. There's a config file in there somewhere you can delete, but I'm not at my Kubuntu machine at the moment. Hopefully, someone will come along and chime in....

Please Read Me

Comment

A place to check is your ~/.kde/share/config/kwinrulesrc
      This can have special window/application-specific size/location rules in there.

You might also look at ~/.kde/share/config/konsolerc. You might try renaming/moving this file with konsole closed, then re-run it to see if that fixes the issue

Comment

Have you checked the Window Behavior, Window Rules section in the System Settings? I have settings for the konsole window there to prevent focus stealing, etc. Just delete the entry for konsole if there is one and see if that works.
        Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
        Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Working...
        X