This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Done - Keep Up the Good Work

Considering that Saucy Salamander has not already reached alpha 1, which is Jun 20, I am very impressed with the current capabilities of 13.10. All applications that I use work reliably - even Skype! I am currently using this on my "Sacrificial Desktop" and I have not yet yielded to the temptation to put it on my main Laptop.

I look forward with eager anticipation to the release of the Alpha's and Beta's. Well Done

"Sacrificial Desktop"
    That sounds a bit, well, dirty for some reason lol!

But's it's nice to look forward to a new release. Did the POS Ubiquity work at all for you?

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post

But's it's nice to look forward to a new release. Did the POS Ubiquity work at all for you?
      Well, the desktop that I am prepared to sacrifice is not essential for what my wife and I want to do, which is on our separate Laptops. So, if for some reason, an update breaks some applications, it does not matter. Just recently, Skype stopped working and is now working after the system updates that I got this morning.

Currently, as well as testing applications, my main use of the desktop in question is to help improve my brain at brainHQ which I can do in private without any interference.

BTW I am not familiar with the term "POS Ubiquity" ---- Please explain to and old fart from downunder.

Comment

Ubiquity is the installer. It has had issues that don't seem to ever get fixed - like the inability to correctly identify hard drive partitions.

POS = Piece Of Sh..

Please Read Me

Comment

I still can't help but read POS as "Point of Sale". As in what replaced cash registers at stores - POS Terminals.

Comment

It all depends on the context.

I.e. "I really need a new car. I'm sick of this P.O.S."

Please Read Me

Comment

Ubiquity is the installer. It has had issues that don't seem to ever get fixed - like the inability to correctly identify hard drive partitions.

POS = Piece Of Sh..
              Thanks for the clarification. For the installation, I used a USB stick and the install went without a hitch which I was glad to see.

When I did the install on my Laptop for Kubuntu 13.04 I had a ton of trouble in that the grub installer couldn't write the boot area and I had a system that would not boot. In the end I used the default partitions option rather than defining my partitions and got my system up. After this I copied all my home directory onto my Wife's Laptop and rebuilt my system with an increased UEFI partition and my original partition organization. A very frustrating experience which I hope never happens again for me or anyone else. I certainly agree with you that in this case Ubiquity was a HOS!

Comment

Especially given that it's all covered in sauce(y), my mind is certainly wandering!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                  Especially given that it's all covered in sauce(y), my mind is certainly wandering!
                  Well if you change the "S" in POS to be "Sauce" instead of "Sh..", it should give the impression that "Ubiquity" is better than it use to be in the way that Sauce makes a meal taste better even when it is not that great.

In the land Down Under we use the phrase HOS, ie "Heap of Shi...". This gives a humorous negative view of the matter being referenced by the comment.

Comment

Originally posted by NoWorries View Post
                    Considering that Saucy Salamander has not already reached alpha 1, which is Jun 20, I am very impressed with the current capabilities of 13.10. All applications that I use work reliably - even Skype! I am currently using this on my "Sacrificial Desktop" and I have not yet yielded to the temptation to put it on my main Laptop.

I look forward with eager anticipation to the release of the Alpha's and Beta's. Well Done
                    Totally agree. I put 13.10 on my "experimental partition", and I'm very impressed, too. It's an once upgraded nightly from 21.05. No breaks so far, fast booting. The best pre-alpha I've ever used. Bravo!

Comment

Working...
                    X