X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UEFI x Kubuntu 13.10

Hello guys, I need some HELP.

I bought a new notebook. HP Pavilion 14-n030br. It has the horrible UEFI Microsoft System Block! However I got to disblock the Secure Boot. And got to install Kubuntu 13.10.

So, when I finished the install and tried to run Kubuntu I got only Grub command line. And I don't know how to start Kubuntu.

Could you help me?!

Can you still boot into Windows?

Comment

I experienced the same problem when I installed 13.10 on my ASUS 501V. I installed Kubuntu 13.10 using a usb boot disk and got the grub prompt. You will find discussions and what I contributed to this topic here.

From the records that I have kept to fix this installation, I booted the installation "disk" and selected try kubuntu. I then started a terminal session and entered:
      Code:
      sudo add-apt-repository http://ppa.launchpad.net/yannubuntu/boot-repair/ubuntu
      sudo apt-get update
      sudo apt-get install boot-repair
      I then started boot repair and followed the instructions that it gave. On completion I was able to reboot the system using the installed software on the hard disk.

If you also have MS Windows installed on your system, you may want to tidy up the grub menu after using boot-repair. I did this by using a grub customizer. I installed it by using the following commands.
      Code:
      sudo add-apt-repository ppa:danielrichter2007/grub-customizer
      sudo apt-get update
      sudo apt-get install grub-customizer
      You will then need to run the grub customizer to edit your grub menu to your liking. Hope you have success with these procedures on your system.

You will be pleased to know that the next version, Kubuntu 14.04 solves this problem and you will not need to follow the above steps.
      Last edited by NoWorries; Dec 30, 2013, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X