This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing with USB pendrive

I was trying to install Kubuntu with my usb pendrive. Used different methods: Rufus, Lili, Unetbootin with no success. I would always finish with a non bootable system. Seemed that Grub was wrongly configured. Finally made the install with a DVD and everything gets right. Do not know what the problem is still. Just wanted to post it to know of any solution and to see if other are having the saame problem and this helps. I am using an Aspire V5-571-6889 i3 8GB ram.

Try using the usb-creator program that is included on the disk image and is installed by default. Sometimes one or more of the usb creators crap out on some disk images, my guess is that this is due to the different ways the different distros create them.

I have no clue about rufus or lili, never heard of them. Unetbootin I use often, but it has given me non-booting flash drives quite a lot. usb-creator has never failed me but is made to work for Ubuntu based isos.

Comment

Be careful (or be aware!) where of where the installer tries to install GRUB. I have noticed that it tries to install GRUB on the USB stick.

I usually do manual disk partitioning and the disk partitioner labels the USB stick as /dev/sda and the hard drive as /dev/sdb. It then offers to install GRUB on the first device, which is not the hard drive.

Comment

I use Unetbootin all the time without any problems. Odd...

Please Read Me

Comment

SAme here, never had an issue (political correct for problem) with the include application usb-creator-kde.

Comment

Working...
          X