This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13.1 won't access my Atrix

On 13.04 and previous installs when I plug my phone in I'd get the normal popup asking if I wanted to open with Dolphin or Gwenview. I think both worked but never used gwenview.
    Now when I plug my phone in I get the popup but when I choose to open with dolphin it goes to my home screen and the camera doesn't show up under devices.

If I open camera in settings it sees the device. Test checks out successful,
    Under configure camera status information is the only tab that shows any info and all boxes seem to have valid info pointing to my phone.
    Information shows all the camera info.

I recently updated two computers to 13.1 and they both do this so I'm thinking it must be somethign with this version.

It's a dolphin bug. If you try and open your trash, you'll get the same result (your home directory).

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=327224

Regards, John Little
    Regards, John Little

Comment

That bug says resolved and I can access trash and desktop through Dolphin.

Comment

Also if I open the Gwenview importer it seems to recognize the camera but it doesn't show any folders, files or anything at all.

Comment

One more note as well. I can pop in a USB stick and open it in Dolphin no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshimitsuspeed View Post
            On 13.04 and previous installs when I plug my phone in I'd get the normal popup asking if I wanted to open with Dolphin or Gwenview. I think both worked but never used gwenview.
            Now when I plug my phone in I get the popup but when I choose to open with dolphin it goes to my home screen and the camera doesn't show up under devices.

If I open camera in settings it sees the device. Test checks out successful,
            Under configure camera status information is the only tab that shows any info and all boxes seem to have valid info pointing to my phone.
            Information shows all the camera info.

I recently updated two computers to 13.1 and they both do this so I'm thinking it must be somethign with this version.
            Changed from USB mounting of cell phones/tablets to MTP access. See if there's an MTP option in your Dolphin. Also, make sure the MTP kio slave is installed. I'll post again later (when I'm at my linux machine) with a screenie if you need it.

Please Read Me

Comment

There is also a chance , depending on your phone model, that an Android update might a culprit, if it got a pretty recent Android version (4.0.something) as they now have MTP protocol by default instead of usb mass storage. See if you can switch to Mass Storage in your phone's USB settings, if available, or if that is already the case, try MTP.

Comment

? I'm on 13.10 and if I open the "trash" I get my home directory.
                In 13.04 MTP worked well, (12.10 was flaky) but in 13.10 the kio-mtp doesn't work at all with my Samsung GS3.

Regards, John Little
                Regards, John Little

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.
                  I am running android 4.1.1

I have the option of PTP or MTP. It was in PTP. I actually seem to remember having a problem with MTP when I first got the phone and pretty sure I switched it to PTP at that point. It has been in PTP and in that mode it just opens to the desktop and does not show up under devices.

In MTP in the device manager two things come up. One shows as an optical drive which I can open with Dolphin but all that is in that folder are motorola device manager and device manager.exe and a couple other files.
                  The second device is Portable media player and when I try to open it in Dolphin I get The file or folder udi=/org/kde/solid/udev/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.0/usb2/2-1/2-1.2 does not exist.

Media player (IE my phone) does show up in the devices list in Dolphin. It just seems to have trouble navigating to the right folder.
                  I also tried opening it in sudo Dolphin just to make sure it wasn't a permissions problem.

Comment

any other thoughts?

Comment

Not here. MTP isn't working for me either with my phone, but dolphin is.

When I plug it in, I get two devices in the device list. One is "1.4GB removable media" - the microSD card. The other is 2C5C-5E8D - the phone memory.

Do you something like this from dmesg after plugging in?

Code:
                      [ 1183.304023] usb 2-3: new high-speed USB device number 8 using ehci-pci[ 1183.437069] usb 2-3: New USB device found, idVendor=0bb4, idProduct=0c86
                      [ 1183.437073] usb 2-3: New USB device strings: Mfr=2, Product=3, SerialNumber=4
                      [ 1183.437076] usb 2-3: Product: HTC
                      [ 1183.437079] usb 2-3: Manufacturer: HTC
                      [ 1183.437081] usb 2-3: SerialNumber: HT229T500254
                      [ 1183.437721] usb-storage 2-3:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
                      [ 1183.437799] scsi13 : usb-storage 2-3:1.0
                      [ 1184.436591] scsi 13:0:0:0: Direct-Access     HTC      File-CD Gadget   0000 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2

Please Read Me

Comment

I don't know either. My Atric 4G is recognized correctly, both the internal memory and the SD card. For some reason I have lost the ability to tether my phone 4G to my computer though. I have finally got the wifi tether to work again, but not the USB. Oh well, I'll eventually figure it out.

Sent from my phone, so please overlook the typo's I cant hit these small keys.

Comment

I found that I can't open my Samsung GS3 via the popups, but if I open Gwenview or Dolphin and navigate to the phone that way, it works.
                          I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

oshunluvr do I just run dmesg right after plugging in my phone?

Buddlespit where do you navigate to? I have looked in media and mnt after plugging it in but haven't found anything.

Comment

Best usually to do dmesg and note the last line, then plug in the device, then do dmesg again. Then you can see where the changes began.

Re. Dolphin: The phone should appear in the list of devices in the lower left corner

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                              X