Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Special Application Settings not sticking...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Application Settings not sticking...

Anyone else noticing this? For some unknown reason, my dang browser (SR Ware Iron if it matters) always opens on screen 2 regardless of other actions. Most apps here open on the screen last active by the mouse cursor, pretty much except for this one.

I tried in vain this morning to set a Special Application Setting to make it open initially on screen 1. Everytime I enter it, the Iron window "flashes" and the Spec. App. settings revert to default - all off.

Like a dope, I didn't try it with any other programs before I left for work this morning so I can't say if it's system wide or Iron specific.

Please Read Me

Not the same concern, but here, Quassel doesn't respect the window geometry setting, introducing a position 'creep' each and every time it is launched. Annoying as all heck. Nothing I did with Special Window settings would satisfactorily fix the problem. So, instead, I set the immutable bit on it's configuration file (after I ensured the geometry settings in it were correct). Problem solved. Quassel launches positioned on the screen 'where I want it'.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

That's a good idea SH, I might try that.

Please Read Me

Comment

I got the same behavior with another program, but one I set a long time ago (konsole) works fine. I don't get it at this point. Must be something since the install that mucked it up.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X