This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 13.04 Upgrade - Monitor settings no longer being saved

I upgraded to Kubuntu 13.04 a couple days ago, and my multi-monitor settings are no longer being saved. Every time I boot up I have to go into the settings and turn on the second monitor and adjust the position and hit apply. When I reboot only one monitor is turned on again. Everything was working perfectly before the upgrade. i have no idea where the settings are being stored(or not). Any ideas?

I have the very same problem. I am using two monitors and after a restart the second monitor shows just a copy of the first one so I have to setup the monitors on every boot to feature two desktops. I never had problems before. I am using a Nvidia card, perhaps the problem has something to do with this.
    It would be nice if someone knows how to get rid of this bug.

Comment

Several ways to fix this. I can't answer why system setting doesn't save/restore last.

You can use xrandr to configure your video and then save that to Xsetup or rc.local.

In the case of nvidia, nvidia-settings should be able to save your config.

Please Read Me

Comment

Please check if kscreen is configured properly, kscreen is the new way to setup external monitors and can possibly be resetting your configuration.

Comment

Working...
        X