Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QtCurve GTK+ applications still not solved?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QtCurve GTK+ applications still not solved?

Title pretty much sums it up, QtCurve widgets still looks crappy on GTK+ applications.

I am on Kubuntu PowerPC, although I can't imagine that would have any effect on the issue, and GTK+ looks like it begins to attempt to get the QtCurve theme, shapes etc but some colors are left out leaving things such as scrollbar shafts and progressbars completely black.

I have browsed around for solution for this since 12.04 and when 12.10 came out I heard rumors about that the QtCurve-issue was fixed, undoubtly not the case since on 13.04 it looks exactly the same as in 12.04.

I've tried many things, such as turning on and off the option of coloring non KDE apps, removing gtkrc files, removing the oxygen gtk engines...

QtCurve should be popular enough engine for this issue to be somewhat prioritized, right?

It feels like it has something to do with the coloring of non-KDE apps to do because when I turn it off whole GTK+ windows turn black.

QtCurve works fine for me with Gtk2 apps. Open "Systemsettings > Appearance of applications > Gtk" and select you themes for Gtk2 and Gtk3 apps.
    You might need to logout and login again to apply the changes. Should that not work, install the package gtk-chtheme. It allows you to change the theme for Gtk2 apps.

This already worked fine for me in Quantal, and it works fine for me here in Raring as well, with Gtk2 apps being completely QtCuve-ised (including scrollbar shafts and all).
    The only issue is that QtCurve sadly still doesn't support Gtk3, so you only have oxygen-gtk for that.
    Kubuntu Raring Ringtail x64 w/ Kde 4.10.5

Multimedia packages for Kubuntu x64 (x264 10bit, mplayer2, Aegisub etc.)
    http://erokawaii.org/?page_id=5181

My stuff on kde-look.org
    http://kde-look.org/usermanager/sear...ction=contents

Comment

Thanks for your reply :-)

Here's an image of what gtk-chtheme looks like with QtCurve marked:

I wonder if you have something on your computer which I am supposed to be having... Really feels like there's some lost in translation-thing which is going on with GTK since the theme itself seems to be applied just fine, it's just KDE's colors which are messed up on it.

/Kris

Comment

Here's something I noticed: QtCurve is not respecting the KDE background color for Tooltips. I think get the correct Tooltip text color (a very light blue, but it might be white) but the background is also a light blue rather than dark.

Tooltips colors are fine in KDE apps, just the QtCurve ones are messed up. Unfortunately, I need qtcurve so the OpenOffice doesn't look like crap.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by hackan301 View Post
          Title pretty much sums it up, QtCurve widgets still looks crappy on GTK+ applications.

I am on Kubuntu PowerPC, although I can't imagine that would have any effect on the issue, and GTK+ looks like it begins to attempt to get the QtCurve theme, shapes etc but some colors are left out leaving things such as scrollbar shafts and progressbars completely black.

I have browsed around for solution for this since 12.04 and when 12.10 came out I heard rumors about that the QtCurve-issue was fixed, undoubtly not the case since on 13.04 it looks exactly the same as in 12.04.

I've tried many things, such as turning on and off the option of coloring non KDE apps, removing gtkrc files, removing the oxygen gtk engines...

QtCurve should be popular enough engine for this issue to be somewhat prioritized, right?

It feels like it has something to do with the coloring of non-KDE apps to do because when I turn it off whole GTK+ windows turn black.
          QtCurve doesn't support Gtk+ aka Gnome 3's toolkit. It only supports GTK2.

Comment

@oshunluvr: Seems you might be experiencing a light version of what I am experiencing - That QtCurve doesn't get KDE colors for non-KDE apps.

@dmeyer: I know, it's the GTK2 apps QtCurve is having problems with on my machine.

- When I wrote "GTK+" it must have been old habit since previous KDE had a common widget setting for GTK2 and 3, now they've split them up, but I meant GTK2 :-)

Comment

Oddly enough, after a logout and login ( I rarely do either) the colors changed. I think in my case, the change had just not yet taken effect.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by hackan301 View Post
                Thanks for your reply :-)

Here's an image of what gtk-chtheme looks like with QtCurve marked:

http://ubuntuone.com/6jEE5AJQGjtRK3l0PeGCIw

I wonder if you have something on your computer which I am supposed to be having... Really feels like there's some lost in translation-thing which is going on with GTK since the theme itself seems to be applied just fine, it's just KDE's colors which are messed up on it.

/Kris
                Works fine here. In Systemsettings under Appearance of applications > Colours > Options, have you checked "Apply colours to Non-Kde-applications"?
                Also, have you tried if it's still the same after logout and login or reboot?

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                Here's something I noticed: QtCurve is not respecting the KDE background color for Tooltips. I think get the correct Tooltip text color (a very light blue, but it might be white) but the background is also a light blue rather than dark.

Tooltips colors are fine in KDE apps, just the QtCurve ones are messed up. Unfortunately, I need qtcurve so the OpenOffice doesn't look like crap.
                Tooltips work fine for me as well.
                Kubuntu Raring Ringtail x64 w/ Kde 4.10.5

Multimedia packages for Kubuntu x64 (x264 10bit, mplayer2, Aegisub etc.)
                http://erokawaii.org/?page_id=5181

My stuff on kde-look.org
                http://kde-look.org/usermanager/sear...ction=contents

Comment

Working...
                X