This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bash writing lots of oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos

Just upgraded from 12.10 to 13.04, at the end of the upgrade I restarted but now i cant log in because the screen keeps writing lots of oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos and filling the screen, any ideas how to stop this?

PS its not the o key stuck down (-:

here are a couple of photys - bloody annoying this btw, really want to watch a movie and all i can se is ooooooooooooooooooooooooos

Last edited by michaelferrie; Aug 03, 2013, 09:48 AM. Reason: Adding photos

Boy, never seen that before. Just to eliminate the keyboard completely, unplug it and reboot.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
      Boy, never seen that before. Just to eliminate the keyboard completely, unplug it and reboot.

I tried another keyboard and rebooted, same error, i would also say when i press CTRL the ooooos stop but they resume when i lift my finger off the key. Also when i hold SHIFT or put on CAPS-LOCK they go into upper case OOOOOOOOOOOs

Creepy error indeed

Comment

Well, the only time I had something like this occur, my daughter (age 2 at the time) had placed an orange slice on my laptop hard volume keys and closed the lid. By the time I discovered what the little bugger had done, the citric acid had shorted out the down volume key, causing a similar result as yours - different key code obviously. Mine would boot and get to the desktop, but the continuous keypress caused it to run miserably slow.

Can you boot to a different install on a USB drive? If the results are the same, you may have some sort of hardware failure.

Please Read Me

Comment

okay I massaged the o key and now i have an xorg error, ill mark this one as solved and start a new thread, its all about the xorg.conf and nvidia driver, the oooooooooooos mystery is over

thanks
          oshunluvr

Comment

Working...
          X