Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubtunu 13.04 MY DESKTOP DISAPPEARED!!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just looking over the updates list, and it also says
    Err http://ppa.launchpad.net raring/main i386 Packages
    404 Not Found

Comment

I do not know is this the same problem but let me tell you what I found. First of all I can see my login screen just fine but after the login i cannot see anything and my monitor go to sleep. I think this is problem with the resolution, because I can hear the login sound after few seconds but I cannot see anything. What I did:
      I reinstalled 12.10 and tried the new nvidia drivers to see if there is something related with the driver. I tried 310 and everything worked just fine. The same driver with the same xorg.conf do not work with 13.04 even with fresh install. Yes, I installed fresh copy and played for a while. So I think that something from the following things are related with the problem:
      1. Xorg is new and something is changed in 13.04 to change the resolution after the login;
      2. Xorg ignore my xorg.conf after the login;
      3. The new kernel in 13.04 do some magic;
      4. Something in KDE is changed in 13.04 to change the resolution after login;

My resolution is 2560x1440. And this resolution cannot run without custom xorg.conf.

Comment

Originally posted by gtrmotorc7 View Post
        do you know of a way to purge the ppa through the terminal?
        You should be able to drop into a terminal window and then use nano to edit the /etc/apt/sources.list file. (...be sure to make a backup copy first just in case of issues)

Code:
        sudo cp /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.bak
        sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
        Once in nano, find the launchpad ppa statement in your file and place a '#' in front of it to comment it out. Save the file and you should be back in business.

cheers,
        bill
        sigpic
        A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. --Albert Einstein

Comment

I Had this problem of a blank screen after a fresh install. All I changed was an install of firefox then rebooted, left with a blank screen and a cursor. Control Alt and Delete let me log out and I could log in as a guest no problem. But when I log in as myself it lands me with a blank screen and a cursor. Strange??

Comment

Working...
          X