This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netgear Stora NAS help

Dear all, I have encountered the following issue.
    I have recently purchased a second hand Netgear Stora NAS drive and unfortunately, Linux support is practically non existent, however having visited a few forum I discovered that I can access the NAS drive using Konqueror and entering in the FTP address to the NAS folders. Et voila, I was able to access and transfer documents as I wanted, however, when I try to play video files from the NAS folder, VLC gives me the following errors.

'Network interaction failed:
    Your password was rejected.
    Your input can't be opened:
    VLC is unable to open the MRL.
    'ftp://192.168.x.x/home/user/MyComputer/homefolder/VID.mp4'. Check log for details.

I would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction for video / music playback from the NAS drive. Thanks.

I don't know anything about your particular device, however all NAS's I've ever heard of have a way to access the files via SAMBA, NFS or both. You'll get way better performance if you mount the device and access it that way rather than through FTP. NFS being the fastest and most secure and SAMBA having native windows compatibility.

The reason the ftp is failing is likely your device is using "Secure ftp" meaning it requires your password, just like your error message says.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
    X