This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ETPS/2 Elantech touchpad

Kubuntu 13.04, Acer Aspire V5-572G laptop with Elantech Clickpad. I get no response from the clickpad and have been using a USB mouse. The system recognizes the device. Tried adding an xorg.conf file and stanza for the clickpad, but still no response.
    Stanzas added:

Code:
    Section "ServerLayout"
    	Identifier     "X.org Configured"
    	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
    	Screen      1  "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"
    	Screen      2  "Screen2" RightOf "Screen1"
    	Screen      3  "Screen3" RightOf "Screen2"
    	Screen      4  "Screen4" RightOf "Screen3"
    	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
    	InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
    	InputDevice    "Touchpad"
    EndSection

Section "InputDevice"        Identifier      "Touchpad"
            Driver          "synaptics"
            Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mouse0"
            Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
            Option          "VertTwoFingerScroll"   "1"
            Option          "HorizTwoFingerScroll"  "1"
            Option          "TapButton1"            "1"
            Option          "TapButton2"            "2"
            Option          "TapButton3"            "3"
    EndSection
    Attached Files
    Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
    Always consider Occam's Razor
    Rich

Is the touchpad 'active' when the USB mouse is not connected?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Is the touchpad 'active' when the USB mouse is not connected?
      No
      Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
      Rich

Comment

Take a look at Fix for ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad not working in 12.04

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          That caused my system to not boot at all. I had to remove the xorg.conf and now it boots, but the system now reports no touchpad at all.

EDIT: But upon a reboot, still reporting no touchpad the touchpad works in an elementary fashion. That is cursor movement and left/right mouse clicks, no scroll.
          Last edited by richb; Aug 10, 2013, 05:36 PM.
          Rich

Comment

I have similar problem but with SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad. Before login TouchPad working, when i login as quest it still working. When i login with my user he stop response. I find that the command xinput enable "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" turn TouchPad work again.

P.S This happend when i upgrade from 12.10 to 13.03.

Comment

In my case xinput does not report the touchpad at all. Before I fiddled with settings, I will need to search my memory for what I did, it did report the touchpad, but it did not work. Using xinput enable (name of touchpad) had no effect at that time.
              Rich

Comment

Originally posted by richb View Post
                That caused my system to not boot at all. I had to remove the xorg.conf and now it boots, but the system now reports no touchpad at all.

EDIT: But upon a reboot, still reporting no touchpad the touchpad works in an elementary fashion. That is cursor movement and left/right mouse clicks, no scroll.
                Scrolling is often specified as available at the left or right edge of the pad. Tap and move your finger up/down on either the left or right edge of the pad.

Comment

I knew that. It simply does not work. Since the touchpad does not report in xinput, I believe it is being reported as a mouse.

Code:
                  richard@richard-Aspire-V5-572G:~$ xinput
                  ⎡ Virtual core pointer                          id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
                  ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
                  ⎜   ↳ Logitech USB Receiver                     id=9    [slave  pointer  (2)]
                  ⎜   ↳ Logitech USB Receiver                     id=10   [slave  pointer  (2)]
                  ⎜   ↳ PS/2 Generic Mouse                        id=13   [slave  pointer  (2)]
                  ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                         id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
                      ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard               id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
                      ↳ Power Button                              id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
                      ↳ Power Button                              id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
                      ↳ Sleep Button                              id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
                      ↳ HD WebCam                                 id=11   [slave  keyboard (3)]
                      ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard              id=12   [slave  keyboard (3)]
                      ↳ Acer WMI hotkeys                          id=14   [slave  keyboard (3)]
                  Rich

Comment

Check the BIOS Setup for "legacy USB support". If it does, try switching to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X