Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lancelot: "Online Contacts" reports "Malformed URL," and double entries in "System"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lancelot: "Online Contacts" reports "Malformed URL," and double entries in "System"

I'm trying really hard to get along with a pure KDE environment. For example, I've never used kmail until now. It's seems a lot slower than thunderbird, but is working OK.

This morning I tried to setup chatting. Kopete is a no-go as it doesn't support google-chat. Pidgin isn't a KDE app so doesn't integrate well. Then I found "Instant Messaging" in System Settings and entered my Gmail chat acct. info and it seems to work. I guess it's the telepathy interface? Cool, but the system tray icon shows continually "connecting." I don't really know if it's working or not. The "Enable local network discovery" doesn't seem to work at all (continually shows "connecting") and I don't really know what it's supposed to do.

If I select "Contacts" in the Lancelot menu, I get email access with one click which is cool, but the "Online Contacts" only gets me and error message "Malformed URL." I assume this means that the menu link is not correct somewhere. Ultimately, I think is should open the Telepathy window but again, I'm not sure what's it's supposed to do.

The other Lancelot issue is under Computer> System; System Settings, KinfoCenter, and Ksysguard are all listed twice. I've gone into the Lancelot settings and deleted them but the always re-appear and in duplicate. The are in the lancelot menu settings only once, but they appear twice in the menu and can't be deleted. This is bugging the crap out of me.

UPDATE: Removing the local network discovery changes the tray status to available so I guess that's working.

Please Read Me

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
    Kopete is a no-go as it doesn't support google-chat.
    Google talk is basically jabber, and kopete has supported it for at least five years (it's been a few years since I've used google talk, but it worked fine back then).

However, I do recall one had to make sure the server settings were correct, and that there have been bugs in ssl libraries that botched authorization with talk.google.com, if those were the problems you saw with it? (Of course if telepathy is working nicely, there is not really a need to set up kopete).

Can't help with Lancelot, haven't used it in a while either.

Comment

I tried to use Kopete in the past, but frankly IME it's the buggiest chat program ever. Even AOL got that right. I'd like to attempt the local network chat using telepathy but either I've done something wrong or it doesn't work.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X